Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Company Job Title: Quality Technician
Duncan SC Facility
Reports To: Quality Deputy Director
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared Date: 5/18/21
Approved Date: 5/18/21
• Key interface of quality team to operations team. Acts as focal point on manufacturing floor
for maintaining product and process quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Adheres to all safety precautions and PPE requirements.
• Adheres to all 5S practices. Keep work area clean and organized.
• Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and
measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
• Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and
measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
• Supports customer First Article Inspection process and performs measurements per
• Supports and provides input to the internal First Article Inspection.
• Records inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and
waste; inputting data into quality database.
• Supports customer Pre-Shipment Inspections and Release Notice processes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical
• Accomplishes quality and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Adheres to applicable procedures and/or processes such as measuring and test, control of
non-conforming product, change management and concession/deviation management.
• Support Quick Response Quality Control (QRQC) process.
• Other duties may be assigned depending on business needs.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.)
• High School Diploma/GED required
• Minimum 3 years inspection experience with various gauging and equipment.
• Minimum 3 years manufacturing experience with demonstrated product and paperwork
• Possess basic math skills, and ability to read and interpret blue prints.
• Forklift certified.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may arise and create solutions.
• Ability to respond positively to feedback and implement change in process and
procedures as needed.
• Familiarity with inspection process.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Exhibits Strong quality compliance behavior.
• Strong computer acumen (Microsoft products and other systems as required).
• Has the authority to release product for shipping process.
• All WPT employees have the authority to stop the process they are performing, should the
process become unsafe or the outputs nonconforming. ★
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
• Employee is required to stand for majority of daily work, with minimal breaks..
• Employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift
and/or move 50 pounds.
• Employee is regularly required to see and observe small handwriting, labels, and
• Requires daily face-to-face interaction with employees on production line.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
• Involves frequent exposure to cold and hot temperatures, humidity, dust, vapors, fumes,
vibration and other loud noises from the plant. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
• Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.