Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Relocation assistance may be provided if eligibility requirements are met.
Meet or exceed customer needs while fulfilling the sales goals of Vapor/Ricon within a multi-state regional area. Responsible for sales/service activities and service calls for OEM's and end users within region.
- Evaluate customer needs; recommend products and services and coordinate resolution of issues with the technical engineering staff of customers.
- Applicant will be responsible for maintaining and servicing several OEMs in the region including training and account management.
- Support daily activities at assigned OEMs to ensure product installation quality expectations are met
- Responsible to promote, sell, and secure new business while maintaining and managing existing accounts.
- Provide training for OEMs and End Users at assigned accounts
- Perform field sales and service to bus customers and some commercial customers in area served.
- Develop new business opportunities with customers served while ensuring Vapor/Ricon specifications are written in current and future orders for bid.
- Provide accurate sales forecast and market data to Regional Manager.
- Fulfill market potential of customers through Vapor/Ricon product line acceptance.
- Work with end users in the development of final specifications.
- Demonstrate products and services and assist others in selection of those best suited to their needs.
- Coordinate delivery dates and service obligations.
- Responsible to OEM and others to develop existing and new applications.
- Demonstrates products and services; assist others in selection of products and services best suited to their needs.
- Responsible for the timely submission and accuracy of key performance reports detailing activities, sales volume, build schedules, expenses etc.
- Responsible within group to make the Service Department a profit center.
- Position may require up to 80% travel to customer, sister companies, Trade shows and to Vapor (Chicago) and Ricon (San Fernando).
- High School diploma/GED required
- 3+ years of experience required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated competency in managing contracts and OEM customers.
- Progressive track record in technical sales
- Ability to negotiate WIN/WIN agreements.
- Organized and detailed with a hands-on approach to serving customer needs.
- Ability to resolve technical issues/applications through the use of blueprints and/or wiring diagrams.
- Able to judge and react positively to a wide variety of customers and their needs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to communicate unique selling points to a broad audience including Engineering, Operations, Maintenance and Safety professional because of the custom engineered product offerings.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.