Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sr. Manager - Project Management – Logistics and Analytics is a critical role responsible for leading the program management function for customer segments, including the Wayside Monitoring product line, as well as managing all aspects of successful implementation of our solutions at clients and ensuring smooth hand off to the support organization post-go-live. This is a working manager role, meaning that the person taking this role will have program management responsibilities for specific accounts and people leader responsibilities for other projects/program management responsibilities. The position reports directly to the Senior Director of Program Management for Logistics and Analytics.
- Leads the Project Management and execution team within the Professional Services organization, including program management of specific accounts and projects.
- Guide the team to accomplish the targets of the projects’ implementation of our solutions, ensuring a smooth hand-off to the support organization.
- Continue to manage existing project responsibilities from current state to implementation and cutover to maintenance and support.
- Mentor and coach the project management team
- Drive performance management for the PM team
- Represents the PMO and provides inputs for all incoming opportunities, change requests, quotes, and proposals requiring cost estimates and pricing for professional services.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Support teams to manage program execution, meet financial commitments and maintain high-value customer relationships.
- Be the point of contact for this customer base and serve as an escalation point for internal and external stakeholders – to manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting.
- Partner with the Senior Director of Program Management to identify opportunities for training, mentoring, sharing best practices, and process improvements to build a high-performing program management function and capability.
- Establish regular team cadence on goals and objectives to ensure business and customer commitments.
- Champion the execution of PMO governance, process, reporting, and review framework to provide a holistic view of all organizational project implementation activity.
- Implement and enforce the use of Wabtec standard project management tools and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or equivalent from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in program/project management
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites/meetings when safe to do so
- Track record of successful solution delivery with demonstrated success managing multiple complex projects, juggling competing priorities, and meeting exacting deadlines
- Demonstrated success in scaling and profitably growing a professional services business focused on predictable implementation and offering value-added services.
- Experienced with managing budgets, including annual budgets and large-scale projects.
- Excellent client relationship management skills and ability to play a trusted advisor to C-level customer executives to execute an implementation plan that works towards a rapid, successful go-live.
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to different audiences and convey the message concisely and professionally.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, and creates actionable strategies and operational plans.
- Experience scoping and estimating project effort, documenting solutions, and presenting the content to customers, as well as a sound understanding of project control KPIs.
- Strong project management skills and experience. PMP, ScrumMaster, or related Project Management certification.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience, and/or industry activities.
Wabtec is not sponsoring Visas for this role.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.