Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Wabtec Mining team delivers world class drive systems for heavy haul mining trucks ranging up to 400T with a developing focus on sustainability technology introduction. In this role, the Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer will lead the mechanical integration team through concept development and execution of key Mining projects and programs:
· Lead concept development and design for mechanically integrating control & power electronic components, including necessary cooling apparatus.
· Jointly define the system and electrical cabinet design requirements for Off-Highway Vehicle Electric Drive Systems and recommend design approaches to meet / exceed customer expectations.
· Participate in the detailed packaging design of sheet metal structures, power electronics, bus bars, and controls devices.
· Lead cross functional engagement with drafting, manufacturing, vendors, internal supply chain and project managers
· Guide and evaluate detailed design for technical merit & adherence to sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
· Monitor and communicate project status, business risks and significant developments
· Lead implementation of prototype, preproduction, & standard production systems.
· Coordinate sub-system validation and reports for testing performed internally, at 3rd party sites, or on customer site.
· Support production readiness with manufacturing, maintenance, and service documentation
· Provide vision and technical support for multigenerational product development as we progress towards a more sustainable product technologies.
· Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or other Engineering Discipline
· At least 10 additional years of experience in an Engineering position
· Minimum of 4 years of experience with control & power electronics packaging design
· Experience in structural testing methodologies
· Experience with multi-location teams involved in design and validation activities
· Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Able to articulate complex technical challenges
· Able to effectively communicate and maintain positive relationship directly with customer
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.