Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The rail growing Sector now has exciting opportunities within their Signalling team for Signalling Principles Designers to work in collaboration with their Global Design Centre for UK rail signalling.
Reporting to the Signalling Design Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of signalling system designs.
For this role, you will have the following requirements –
- Assist the Signalling Design Management with planning, project programs and associated time and resource estimates and skills requirements. Preparation of feasibility studies and other written documents.
- Ensure that satisfactory resolutions of technical queries and project anomalies are achieved.
- Lead junior technical staff with Signalling design input to smaller Signalling and railway projects as well as working as a part of a team comprising designers, engineers, and technicians.
- Implementation of the design scope, certifying that the designers working under you clearly understand the project requirements.
- Produce & Production check or Independent check Signalling Design Details broadly in the form of Scheme/Signalling Plans, Control Tables, location diagrams, cable core plans, power schematics and interlocking wiring/data as per relevant standards
- Ensure design complies with relevant technical, professional and group standards.
- Undertake professional and technical development as required
- Perform the duties of a RDE for Signalling design projects as required by CDM regulations.
- Provide functional support and guidance/Mentoring to junior Design staff
- Ensure strict compliance of the documentation requirements of all relevant Standards and maintenance of records in the manner and the duration prescribed by Group/Company Standards, Quality Systems, etc.
- Contribution to the long-term technical development of the office by application of new techniques, procedures and practices.
- Assistance with the risk assessments and analysis using the appropriate tools and methods.
- Degree or Diploma qualified in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years Signalling Design experience.
- You will be Chartered in your chosen institute or currently working towards and close to becoming chartered.
- Ideally you will be a Member of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers.
- You will be able to demonstrate proficient experience of signalling RRI and SSI systems detailed design including REB and locations.
- You will hold or have held the following IRSE licenses: 1.1.150A and 1.1.150D or (1.1.550) (Signalling Principles Design category) and hold or working towards 1.1.160 (Signalling Design Verifier).
- You will have an up-to-date IRSE logbook.
- You will be aware in detail of all the deliverables for all GRIP stages.
- You may have additional experience including signalling power supply design.
- You will have a thorough working knowledge of Network Rail standards and adherence to them.
- You will have a thorough working knowledge of design software including CAD.
- You will be an enthusiastic team player with a flexible approach.
- You will be self-motivated and able to work under own initiative.
- You will hold excellent communications skills and will be able to demonstrate working well with others.
- · You will have worked in a similar environment and have relevant experience in signal engineering design for the UK heavy rail sector.
- · You will have extensive knowledge of the technical aspects of the design office environment and delivery of design from out-based design teams.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.