Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This dual role position is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing an effective Environmental Health & Safety and Human Resources program in Brenham, TX.
Safety: This position is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing an effective health & safety and loss prevention program for the Brenham, Texas location. Outlines and implements various training programs on site about employee safety procedures and accident prevention. The role of this position is to provide leadership and coaching to the site by creating a proactive approach to safety and health in the workplace as well as ensuring environmental compliance. Ensures that environment health and safety management systems are in place, anticipating, recognizing, and evaluating hazards to reduce overall risk at the facility.
Human Resources: Responsible for assisting in daily HR operations by providing administrative support to successfully implement local initiatives and execute regional and corporate programs. Help to create an environment to attract, develop, retain, and engage talent throughout Wabtec to deliver business goals.
- Develop, communicate, and maintain safety and hazardous communication programs and systems. Oversee the effective operation and administration of these systems and programs to ensure a safe work environment and culture of zero accidents.
- Tracks facility safety performance.
- Develop and lead site safety initiatives and work collaboratively with Corporate EHS team on corporate-led initiatives.
- Develop and maintain JSA’s (job safety analysis).
- Assists with developing written policies and procedures for various safety programs and emergency evacuation and safety communication bulletins.
- Coordinate and conduct periodic safety audits and inspections to identify and address any unsafe work practices and conditions.
- Reviews all work-related injury investigation reports and ensures that identified, addressed, and corrected any hazard conditions. Verifies corrective measures have been taken to avoid any repeated accidents.
- Oversees all training programs for supervision and employees on safety practices, and facilitates new hire onboarding process through training, including contractors, before being introduced to the workplace.
- Ensures that hazard assessments are conducted, and communications requirements are implemented and followed.
- Coordinates industrial hygiene surveys including noise, ventilation, chemical and ergonomic. Analyze and interpret data and recommend elimination/reduction of potential hazards in the workplace.
- Designs and delivers safety related communication, including signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Reviews all correspondence required by regulatory agencies, such as OSHA and TCEQ.
- Oversees the administration of workers compensation program at each site, including working with the insurance carrier to reduce employee lost time and cost control of workers compensation costs.
- Serve as active business partner for the operating entity. Provide guidance and support for full suite of HR functions, including talent management, performance management, organizational change, policy and process implementation, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and facilitating team performance.
- Partner with business management to develop appropriate human resource plans in support of key business needs in a dynamic environment and develop / implement appropriate change management plans as required. Including recruiting, selection, as well as restructuring, and reduction of the workforce as needed.
- Oversee labor relations for the site. Ensure alignment with Supply Chain and broader Wabtec labor relations strategy.
- Serve as the HR Leader for the site and partner with manager to drive organization-wide initiatives and engage with the plant leadership team to further HR and organizational objectives.
- Provide coaching, advice, council, and support for Leadership, managers, employees, and peers.
- Act as an impartial advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in safety engineering science or related discipline from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a plant safety role / Human Resources Generalist, Recruitment, or Employee Relations
- Knowledge of safety and health regulations, applications
- Basic Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and be able to read and interpret policies, procedures, and laws
- Knowledge and understanding of governmental compliance including OSHA regulations, environmental compliance, industry standards, and right-to-know compliance
- Experience identifying risk conditions and defining corrective actions programs
- Understanding of workers’ compensation laws and regulations for Texas
- Experience with facilities maintenance and building codes
- Professional safety certifications such as ASP or CSP
- Prior HR experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Ability to influence & engage at all levels of the business
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication/language skills required including the ability to provide written and verbal instructions, compile, and present business reports/correspondence, and present information clearly.
- Presentation skills with the ability to speak in public effectively and provide presentations to groups of employees.
- Strong leadership, coaching skills, conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.