t haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
If you are interested in joining our Talent Community, please share your resume with us. When a position that matches your qualifications becomes available it’s that much easier to connect!
As part of Wabtec’s Global Supply Chain Industry https://4.0 Team, the Software Engineer, Smart Manufacturing will work under the guidance of Wabtec’s Industry https://4.0 Product Owners, Software Architects, and Senior Developers and Engineers. This role has a focus centered around the development, enhancement, and support of software that directly supports Wabtec’s Industry https://4.0 custom solutions with a specific focus on the MES, connected factory, application integrations as well as cloud-based infrastructure as code. This role will require the successful candidate to work with functional domain leaders as well shop floor users to develop a clear understanding of the functionality required, testing of the feature set, and training.
Software development activities will utilize an Agile Methodology. All development will be accomplished per a clear and strategic product roadmap and backlog developed and maintained by the respective Product Owner. The successful candidate can take pride in knowing that the functionality they are developing provides tangible benefits to a global footprint of manufacturing facilities. Last by not least, innovation is critical to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop, enhance, deploy, and maintain software that supports the MES, Connected Factory, and interfaces to pillar applications
• Develop and work within AWS cloud hosted architecture
• Identifies product features and associated benefits and drive prioritization discussions with the respective Product Owner
• Upgrade and migrate existing applications to new software platforms or latest revisions
• Provide L3/L4 Support – including during standard and non-standard business hours
• Design and framework application user interfaces
• Maintains relationships with critical stakeholders to ensure common business goals are achieved
• Support major product go-lives and rollouts by providing on-site startup support & training. This may involve domestic and international travel
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Understand and follow the prescribed governance process and development methodology
• Demonstrate progressive technical knowledge with the technology stack and its impact on the final product
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
• Execute in a fast-paced delivery mode to deliver functionality to meet the product release goals
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing
• Participate in onsite planning, testing, user training, go-live support and other activities as required by the project
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent related experience required
Work experience in a software development team.
Stated willingness to work non-standard hours/workdays on occasion and as needed to lead major project implementations and software deployments
Stated willingness to travel domestically and internationally to support major projects. Expected annual travel is <20% but may fluctuate based on cyclical business needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.