Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sr Business Architect role is part of the Enterprise Architecture team and will partner with business and technology leaders to drive a capability roadmap aligned to Wabtec strategy. The role is responsible for operationalizing architectural review and governance process, partnering with application, data, and infrastructure architects to develop technology roadmaps and driving adoption of best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain business capability, data, process, and technology inventories. Work with multiple capability and functional teams to gather and document the structure of Wabtec's technology landscape
- Build, manage, enhance business capability model along maturity framework to drive enablement of the longer-term roadmap
- Works closely with Domain architects and leaders to develop technology roadmaps
- Works closely with solution/technical architects to deliver business architecture artifacts needed for End-to-End Architecture & Solution Architecture approach deliverables
- Maintain the inventory and knowledge base on business processes, business capabilities and technical components along with other architectural artifacts e.g., data architecture, application architecture
- Responsible for operationalizing and facilitating programs for Architectural review and governance
- Advocate and drive adoption of “best practices” to ensure standardization of business architecture outputs across the enterprise
- Takes an active role in enterprise portfolio investment strategies by assessing and rationalizing proposed enterprise capabilities
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 4 years of experience in enterprise architecture across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen.
- 4 years of experience working in solutions design
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business thinking and highly strategic in order to define practical solutions that align with corporate strategy
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate and influence effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative solutions to complex problems, understanding potential impacts to processes and related IT systems supporting the company
- Effectively handle ambiguity in all aspects of work, including business direction and strategy
- Proven track record of setting targets, executing a plan, and delivering results
- Ability to plan and provide structure and organization in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to balance and effectively prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to decompose problems and make decisions when problems or solutions are not 100% defined
- Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help leaders and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions
- Frequently communicating with others to exchange information
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Frequently remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Frequently repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Frequently assessing the accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable environmental elements are generally absent during normal performance of job.
- Occasional travel to manufacturing environments where exposure to outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, noisy environments, and potentially hazardous condition. In the environments, employee must follow all applicable safety and PPE guidelines
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.