ake yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Who will you be working with?
This role would work in the Office of the CIO for Director of Wabtec EA and Strategy. This role will work closely with Wabtec IT leadership to develop adaptive IT strategy and apply critical thinking, research, analysis, communication, and change management capabilities.
Collaborates with the Wabtec CIO Staff and their teams across Application, Data, Technology services, Security, Regional IT (India), M&A, IT Project Delivery, PMO lead, internal / external IT partners, and with global senior function and IT business leaders who may be the Project Sponsors or hold other senior stakeholder roles.
Work with senior leaders to design, develop and assist in the implementation of IT strategies, ensuring alignment to corporate vision/goals.
How will you make a difference?
As a member of the Wabtec IT Strategy and Enterprise Architecture team, you will be responsible for IT Strategy development and to keep it refreshed. As Sr. IT Strategy Analyst, support strategy planning processes and be responsible for our shift towards an adaptive strategy model with quarterly strategy updates. Work with Enterprise
Architecture to drive a consistent and effective approach to develop strategies, roadmaps, and solution blueprints. Interact with AppX for business scanning and develop and execute repeatable processes and templates for consistent IT Strategy quarterly cycles.
Gather and utilize inputs from ongoing business interactions, industry / business / technology trends, quarterly results, and adjustments to strategic assumptions.
Create clear and concise communications/recommendations for senior leadership review related to strategic business plans and initiatives.
Participate and help drive a robust blend of IT governance approaches to realize IT results and enhance the relationship between our business units and IT group.
Work with IT leadership to identify, refresh and execute strategic IT projects at the enterprise level.
What do we want to know about you?
• Bachelor's and/or master's degree in computer science, MBA, Business, Engineering, Business/Administration, Education, Technology, Information Technology, Information Systems, Finance.
• MBA is preferred or equivalent experience in strategy and planning for similar industry.
• Minimum fifteen years of progressive experience aligned to job requirements with at least 5-7 years in IT strategy and planning.
• Strong experience in developing IT Strategy iteratively while balancing multiple stakeholder inputs and at-times conflicting priorities.
• Ability to provide strategic and tactical input to senior business and IT leaders.
• Ability to work in a collaborative setting with multiple stakeholder viewpoints.
• Ability to develop business cases at multiple levels of detail.
• Proficiency in productivity tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Exposure to cloud computing and emerging technologies, Enterprise Architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF.
• Familiarity with IT governance and risk management.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills related to IT strategy, planning and roadmaps at multiple levels of detail.
What will your typical day look like?
• Work on developing adaptive IT strategy by collecting and using multiple industry, business, and IT inputs across multiple stakeholders.
• Conduct working session and participate in meetings with CIO staff and other stakeholders to identify initiatives, discuss progress on existing projects and identify any potential roadblocks and mitigation strategies.
• Conduct working sessions with leadership teams across applications, data/information, technology infrastructure, security, reginal IT leadership and IT M&A teams to discuss and review inputs from current initiatives and new initiatives and business goals and priorities to come up with IT strategy drafts for review and approval.
• Stay up to date on the latest industry, business, and IT trends by reading industry publications, attending conferences, and participating in online forums.
• Conduct research and analysis on emerging technologies to assess their potential impact on Wabtec's business.
• Potentially represent Wabtec at industry events and conferences.
What about the physical demands of the job?
• Ability to operate a laptop or desktop and to sit for extended periods of time.
• Concentrate for long periods of time.
• Work independently and as part of a team.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Meet deadlines under pressure.
• Travel occasionally for work.
You may also be asked to perform other duties outside of your function or trade, for which adequate training will be provided if necessary.
Our Commitment to Embrace Diversity:
Wabtec is a global company that invests not just in our products, but also our people by embracing diversity and inclusion. We care about our relationships with our employees and take pride in celebrating the variety of experiences, expertise, and backgrounds that bring us together. At Wabtec, we aspire to create a place where we all belong and where diversity is welcomed and appreciated.
To fulfill that commitment, we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity, and inclusion. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We have created a space where everyone is given the opportunity to contribute based on their individual experiences and perspectives and recognize that these differences and diverse perspectives make us better.
We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences, and styles... People like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.