Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Beena Vision Systems Inc. is the leading manufacturer of vision-based automatic wayside inspection systems for the railroad industry. Beena Vision has pioneered and developed a number of innovative products using sophisticated machine vision and non-contact measurement technologies. These products are specifically designed to provide valuable information in a variety of areas to assess railcar components and track safety conditions effectively. Beena Vision, in its state-of-the-art facility in Norcross, GA, has an extensive Research and Development program to develop additional advanced systems for automatic monitoring of several critical components of freight and passenger cars, bogies, locomotives, and track components. In this role, you will support Research and Development and production activities related to the development, design, or manufacturing of Beena Vision products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work along with various engineering teams in the design process for new products, support engineering efforts in sustaining legacy products, and continuous process improvement.
- Support and improve tooling for continuous build, automated testing, and release management
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools.
- Profile build processes and identify bottlenecks
- Developing and deploying scripts to automate tasks
- Provide expertise in quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
- Adapts existing devops best practices into product SDLC with a focus on continuous improvement
- Help businesses develop an overall strategy for deploying code
- Build and maintain documentation related to build processes and product environmental configurations
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the projects.
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
- Other duties as assigned
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Professional Technical Experience: 8+ Years
- Windows and .Net Experience: 5+ Years
- CI/CD Experience: 4+ Years
- Programming and Scripting Experience: 2+ Years
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Good knowledge of Ruby or Python
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with creating and maintaining automated build and configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Gitlab, or Azure DevOps )
- Proposes new solutions for CI/CD based on research and synthesis of best practices
- Able to balance value propositions of modern tools and integration in product teams for attributable business value
- Influences through others and can create a coalition of support for new and modifications to current processes
- Learns and integrates organizational knowledge to prevent rework
- Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making
- Demonstrates a passion and drive for self-improvement of technical skillsets
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices
- Enhance fault tolerance and high availability strategy
- Monitoring cloud environment metrics and proactively making recommendations on sizing needs and adjustments.
- Strong troubleshooting skillset: thoroughly understand the issues at hand and how to isolate, reproduce, test, etc.
- Strong security mindset with all resource management and deployments
- SQL Server administration.
- Manage backups and regional replication failovers for virtual machines, SQL databases, and blob storage accounts; test and ensure recovery objectives can be met.
- Willingly to learn and leverage any Azure resources to help improve software performance and customer experience.
- Programming experience with any programming language (C++, C#, Java or Python)
- knowledge of networking and basic troubleshooting (TCP/IP, IP address space and subnetting, route tables, etc.)
- Employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- Employee is regularly required to work on sedentary work that primarily involves sitting and typing for long periods of time
- Employee is regularly required to perform repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- The employee may be required to work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.