Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Wabtec’s L&A division is modernizing it’s product portfolio on top of cloud-native platform services. The legacy systems are being converted from monolithic implementations to a cloud native and horizontally scaling platform with high availability aspects. A Senior Staff Software Architect, experienced with cloud native technologies is needed to help lead solution development for a range of products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to architecture for various products.
· Design Cloud Native Architectures for Enterprise scale applications
· Work with product owners and lead definition of architectural solutions
· Understand security and compliance requirements; establish seamless integration with Cyber Security and Compliance teams. Support Cyber Security procedures for the product portfolio.
· Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the technical architecture including tools, shared libraries, and runtime efficiency
· Educate the engineering population on best practices, as well as coach and mentor junior team members.
· Drive delivery of configurable product architecture to solve common problems driving towards product architecture vision. Deliver design guidelines for services and components.
· Demonstrate expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
· Provide accurate and timely status of Content plan and current execution status to Wabtec engineering leadership
· Demonstrate superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
· Demonstrate excellent business acumen by keeping up to date on the latest industry trends and being looked to as a Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· 10+ Years of experience in architecture, software design and cloud technologies
· Proven understanding of software, software architecture and system level design patterns using Java and related software ecosystems
· Willingness to travel up to 15%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Hands-on experience with cloud native technologies, deployment, and customer engagement.
· Experience with AWS native services.
· Experience with distributed SQL systems, messages systems such as AMQP, Kafka and NoSQL DBs such as Redis, Cassandra, ElasticSearch.
· Proven experience in delivering Highly Available applications
· Advanced understanding of Kubernetes, software design patterns for HA and observable microservices.
· Ability to understand the technology stack and its impact on the final product. Capable of efficiently conducting customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas.
· Superior knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and strong collaboration history with Quality Engineering and Dev Ops teams.
· Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments to others. Ability to break down complex problems and estimate level of effort.
· Understanding of microservices-based and event driven architectures
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate difficult situations and accountability within a matrixed organization.
· Strategic and creative thinking to analyze issues that may arise, and create solutions.
· Ability to respond positively to feedback, and implement change in process and procedures as needed.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.