Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a StaffUser Experience Designer (UX Designer, Interaction Designer), you will lead interface design for a major industrial multimillion dollar enterprise product. In this role, you will create useful and desirable software products and service experiences for the industrial internet of things. You’ll be closely partnered with a Product Manager and an Engineering Tech Lead to scope, plan, and execute on the team’s roadmap. In addition to working with assigned Product Team, you’ll be part of the larger Design Team where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate, solicit critique, and grow alongside other designers and researchers.
As a design team, our purpose is to weave the goals of our customers and our business into a seamless experience. We champion experiences that are built for scale while still being designed for humans and loved by teams of all shapes and sizes. We believe that uniqueness is our greatest strength.
This is a remote job
In This Role You’ll Have the Opportunity To:
· Shape and influence enterprise supply chain applications that impact the world. Our applications are used by the rail industry and seaports around the globe to efficiently move goods and people.
· You will simplify complex functionality into easy to digest, fluid experiences.
· Develop a keen understanding of our potential users and their needs, in partnership with your cross-functional team.
· Partner with our Research and insights team to use qualitative and quantitative data to inform the experience across the customer’s journey.
· Ship large, meaningful changes to users across design experiences that help bridge the gap between our customers' goals and the capabilities of products and solutions provided for them.
· Leave your mark on a well-loved product.
The Ideal Candidate Will Bring:
· An updated and polished portfolio that demonstrates strong user experience and interaction design informed by empathy for the user. This is key for us.
· 3+ years of product design experience in product or service design, under your belt, ideally for supply chain and/or data visibility services in a B2B setting.
· Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the ability to collaborate with, influence, and impact different cross functional partners and teams across the organization.
· Experience with strategies for utilizing data to inform awesome digital experiences.
· Ability to apply your design skills in research, interaction design, and visual design to help craft and build new features.
· Proven ability to frame problems, excellent visual design skills, and a deep understanding –showing work in progress (narrative, annotated prototypes or wireframes of varying fidelity), constantly sketching, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, and growing.
· Confidence in presenting your work and getting others on board with your design direction. Explains and defends design decisions to stakeholders and other members of the project team including developers, product managers, marketers, and other designers.
· Ability to balance vision with iteration, to make tradeoffs, and get the right user experience to market.
· Constructively participates in critiques of own design ideas and those of others and how this communicates to a design system, documents intended usage.
· Incredible communication skills in one-on-one settings, group meetings, and writing, with the ability to give and receive feedback and translate technical content to non-technical people.
· Synthesizes output of stakeholder research & creates visualizations that effectively summarize key insights related to user and customer needs and behaviors, product definition.
· Comfortable defining projects and measures of success, testing your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporating feedback.
· Strong execution skills too, and are adept in modern tools such as Figma, Miro, and Teams.
· Develops knowledge of industrial business domains, products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
· Understands and stays up to date on the industry’s technology landscape; brings new ideas to the team. Maps industry technology trends to internal vision.
· Robust experience conducting and applying principles around: customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling.
· Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole.
· Understands the value of a rigorous, collaborative and transparent decision-making process.
· Demonstrates sensitivity to key cultural issues.
· Expresses UX and design concepts to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely presenting designs, explains the story of the rationale and benefit of design ideas.
Bonus Points For:
· Experience using Service Design as a means of improving end-to-end experiences.
· Knowledge or experience in supply chain, warehouse management or manufacturing operational systems preferred but not required.
· Passion with creative hustle and how this applies to culture within a larger enterprise organization.
· Experience with Figma
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that
commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s
brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented
people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed
to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran
status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential. Our employees are the architects of the future. Go just about anywhere and you’ll find us. If you want to move and improve the world, start here.