Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
All Warehouse Associates will perform multiple tasks in any combination and concentration of the mentioned areas and will rotate through all or most of the processes rather than being assigned to a specific task. Warehouse Associates must be able to work as part of a team.
Warehouse Associates will perform duties, including but not limited to:
- Receiving, order picking, packing (wrapping, crating, labeling), and shipping of both large and small materials
- Operate various forklift trucks, and other material transport equipment (cranes, tuggers, pallet jacks, etc.) as needed
- Loading and unloading of trucks
- Parts counting, including inventory audits and cycle-counting
- Utilize ORACLE and other various PC and web applications to review, enter and edit data
- Generate shipping labels, packing slips, etc. and verify accuracy
- Engage in activities to prevent loss or damage of materials
- General housekeeping of warehouse
- Read and interpret pick tickets, packing instructions, safety alerts, drawings, or other communications as needed
- Work with other Warehouse Associates and Support Staff on improving warehouse processes through team meetings; promote climate of cooperation
- Perform all activities in a manner that meets GE Manufacturing Solutions’ standards for integrity, safety and quality
- 4-day (Monday through Thursday), 10-hour shift work week. Shift hours are 5:00AM - 3:30PM (1st shift) and 3:15PM - 1:45AM (2nd Shift). Must be able to work scheduled shift hours.
- Starting pay rate is $19.40 per hour (up to $20.22/hour after 1-year progression and $20.88/hr at 4 years of service) with additional night shift differential of $1/hr.
- $1,000* sign-on bonus after 60 days of employment
- High-school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment, for example safety glasses, gloves, hats, ear plugs and safety shoes
- Must be willing to work in a tobacco-free environment
- Be willing to take a drug test & submit to a background check as part of the selection process
- Be willing to submit to random drug tests
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Must be willing to work as necessary to meet the requirements of the position, including the ability to work occasional weekends and scheduled overtime
- Must be able to complete some operations at heights up to 20 ft.
- Must be able to climb and complete some work on ladders
- Must be able to lift material up to 40 lbs.
- Must have ability to properly use and care for assigned tools and equipment
- Must be able to adhere to standards, do a quality job in a safe manner and within acceptable time
- Every employee will be an in-process inspector
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing and warehouse environment
- Prior Forklift Driving experience; Forklift Certification
- Safety mindset; knowledge of safety procedures and practices
- Ability to read and interpret operating procedures, quality and safety documents, or other information critical to job performance; strong communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with overtime as needed
- Prior ERP system experience (ORACLE, SAP, etc); computer literacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the customer in mind
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Manual dexterity for using hand tools to perform essential functions
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.