- Learn from store, pharmacy, district manager, competitors and customers/patients
- Engage in a kick-off and day of service activity
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on assigned cash register, including records of scanning errors, price verifications, items not on file, price modifications, and voids.
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in reviewing order exceptions on order release day and assists in reverse logistics (e.g., 1506, returns, empty package).
- Learns to analyze inventory trends and supervises inventory management, including ordering items, keeping stock, and liquidating stock and leveraging company resources to avoid outs and overstock.
- Assists manager or assistant store manager in evaluating and developing displays, including promotional, seasonal, super structures, and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions.
- Engage in weekly meetings with store manager or pharmacy manager
- Responsible for basic department pricing and making daily price changes; ensures proper signage is displayed at the store to support accurate pricing of products. Ensures any additional pricing tasks related to local regulations and/or regulatory compliance programs are completed accurately and within the required time frame.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean, neat, orderly store condition and appearance, including requesting store or system repairs as required in manager absence, or as requested by manager.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g., raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g., raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items, assists in stock rotation, using the first in, first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Receives exposure to the analysis of financial & performance data for the store, pharmacy and clinic and to the analysis of asset protection data and action plans to reduce loss.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Work as a group to complete the Intern Team Challenge and present to area, district and store leaders
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Complete evaluation of internship program upon completion.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
- Attends training and completes E-learnings and special assignments requested by Manager.
- Shadow district leader for the specified time
Should be a Student beginning or completing Senior year towards a Bachelor's degree
Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
Willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
This information is being provided to promote pay transparency and equal employment opportunities at Walgreens. The current salary range for this position is $17.00 per hour - $19.00 per hour. The actual hourly salary within this range that you will be offered will depend on a variety of factors including geography, skills and abilities, education, experience and other relevant factors. This role will remain open until filled. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. If you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link, please copy and paste this URL into your browser jobs.walgreens.com/benefits