lans offered by District Manager. Participates in one-on-one conversations with Store Manager and District Manager to have continuous professional growth and demonstrates permanent assignment readiness and proficiency of learning topics with the Director of Pharmacy and Retail operations.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, learning about the fields of retail, pharmacy, and management, seeking best practices.
- Learns and actively implements compliance standard operational procedures (SOPs) across front-end and pharmacy. Gains knowledge of all computer and technology systems and software.
- Obtains pharmacy technician registration/licensure as required by state law (and pursues PTCB certification, as required by state).
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer complaints in a timely manner and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience. Models and shares customer service best practices.
- Monitors customer service, provides coaching, training, and develops plans for improvements in both the front-end and pharmacy. Empowers team members to find the most impactful resolution for customers; seeks solutions that exceed customer expectations and builds loyalty.
- Supports Store Manager in observing customer service trends, analyzing customer feedback, creating awareness to the business, and improving service metrics.
- Shadows Store Manager, gains experience, performs and demonstrates proficiency supervising the operation of the store and team members, including gaining exposure to opening/closing/changing shifts, and delegating tasks to team members. Demonstrates the ability to supervise merchandising tasks, including sets, resets, and revisions of basic department and end stands, display tables, and promotional space, using multiple discount pricing, signs, advertising, promotional items, seasonality, etc.
- Supports Store Manager in protecting store assets by administering and monitoring internal loss prevention programs and systems. Learns to maintain and react to the electronic surveillance system and ensures price accuracy, using reports and in-store price audits.
- Learns to analyze inventory trends and supervises inventory management. Verifies proper standard operating procedures are being adhered to for receiving, counting, ordering, pricing, and returning points of execution for both front-end and pharmacy. Learns to supervise receiving, sticking, pricing, returning and transferring merchandise.
- Supervises operations of the assigned location, including strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the sale of alcohol, tobacco, fresh food, and pharmacy products.
- Provides for the safety and well-being of team members; effectively utilizes the Security Operations Center.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers and business partners.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned, including assisting team members as needed.
Business Performance Management
Learns to analyze financial & performance data for the store and pharmacy. Develops action plans to improve business results, including increasing sales and controlling costs.
Identifies sales opportunities to ensure the growth and performance of the store and pharmacy.
Reviews and analyzes asset protection data and develops action plans to reduce loss.
Bachelor's degree and 3 years retail management experience or High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of retail management experience.
Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English (Except in Puerto Rico)
Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including extended days, evenings, and weekend hours.
Willingness to accept assignment into a Store Manager position, if an assignment is offered.
Willingness to transfer to other Walgreens retail assets located within the same hiring Area.
- PTCB Certification.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Managerial experience with another employer in a Retail Store/Hospitality Manager or Retail Store/Hospitality Assistant Manager capacity, with people leadership, business management, and customer-facing experience.
The following information is applicable for San Francisco, CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
This information is being provided to promote pay transparency and equal employment opportunities at Walgreens. The current salary range for this position is $23.08 per hour - $43.07 per hour. The actual hourly salary within this range that you will be offered will depend on a variety of factors including geography, skills and abilities, education, experience and other relevant factors. This role will remain open until filled. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits. If you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link, please copy and paste this URL into your browser jobs.walgreens.com/benefits