All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to help build and run the world class data in motion platform that powers streaming data generated by a fast-moving landscape. This team places an emphasis on producing robust, scalable, self-service solutions that enable Engineers and Analysts to offer messaging and perform complex streaming transformations across a wide array of use cases to power insights, decisions, and machine learning within the Walmart ecosystem.
About the Role
This role will be responsible for utilizing industry best technologies and practices to enable analysis, intelligence, and processing of some of the largest datasets in motion at Walmart in near-realtime. As a Senior Software Engineer, this role will be counted on to have a deep understanding of technology internals in order to tune and troubleshoot individual jobs, as well as a high-level understanding of the landscape to drive value adding features to the platform.
This role would take on the following responsibilities:
• Collaborate with Product Owners and Team Leads to identify, design, and implement new features to support the growing real time data needs of Walmart and data in motion platform solution.
• Identify and suggest or implement remediation of cases where we diverge from industry best practices
• Evangelize and practice an extremely high standard of code quality, system reliability, and performance to ensure SLAs are met for uptime, data freshness, data correctness, and quality
• Display sense of ownership over assigned work, requiring minimal direction and driving to completion in a sometimes fuzzy and uncharted environment
• Focus on enabling developers and analysts through self-service and automated tooling, rather than manual requests and acting as a gatekeeper
• Participate in on-call rotation, including continuously seeking to reduce noise, improve monitoring coverage, and improve quality-of-life for on-call engineers
• Experience in running, using and troubleshooting industry standard messaging and data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, Active MQ, MySQL.
• Deep development experience, ideally in Java , Scala, Spring Boot, Hibernate but we are open to other experience if you’re willing to learn the languages we use
• Proficient scripting skills i.e. bash, python, ruby
• Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data in streaming and batch.
• Experience with cloud infrastructure. We use Azure and GCP specifically, but any will do
• A focus on automation and providing leverage-based solutions to enable sustainable and scalable growth in an ever-changing ecosystem
• Experience building and maintaining a centralized platform or services, to be consumed by other teams, is ideal, but not necessary
• A passion for Operational Excellence and SRE/DevOps mindset, including an eye for monitoring, alerting, self-healing, and automation.
• Experience in an Agile environment, able to manage scope and iterate quickly to consistently deliver value to the customer
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
5600 AVENIDA ENCINAS, CARLSBAD, CA 92008, United States of America
In 1962, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s largest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience - and our associates are at the heart of it (all 2.2 million of them). When you join our Walmart family of ...