All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
As a Senior Software Engineer part of Walmart’s People Tech Division, you will be leveraging your expertise to make an impact on high visibility initiatives that are delivering new capabilities for Walmart’s People Modernization journey. Specifically, you will be contributing towards the execution of features for Walmart’s People Tech API platform. In this role, you will be designing and coding software features for multiple development teams comprising of Software engineers, Product Owners and UX Designers. You will need to do direct root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information. Ultimately, your passion to serve and a growth mindset will make you a valuable member of this cross-functional team, technically leading, owning and driving value added, prioritized features to our associates in a seamless, transparent manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Good to have: GraphQL, Apollo Server/Federation; MSSQL, AzureSQL, CosmosDB; Streaming - Kafka, ESB; CI/CD pipelines with Git, SONAR and Jenkins build tools for building and deploying applications across different environments.
Training and Education
Master’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field plus 5 years of experience in software engineering or related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field plus 7 years of experience in software engineering or related experience
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
In 1962, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s largest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience - and our associates are at the heart of it (all 2.2 million of them). When you join our Walmart family of ...