As the Director of Brand Narrative and Strategy for Ad Sales Marketing with Sam’s Club Media Group, You’re seen as approachable, collaborative, and non-political by your stakeholders and peers. You consistently focus on results, even under challenging circumstances and must be an excellent communicator.
As a seasoned leader, you have excellent creative thinking, with Insights driven, with experience writing and develop a narrative for multiple industry categories within Sam’s Club. Directly reporting to the Head of Ad Sales Marketing, the position will define, write, create, and communicate Sam’s Club brand narrative by understanding our foundational strengths and limitations today with an aspirational direction that aligns with our key business workstreams and the way we will operate in the future. Director of Brand Narrative and Strategy leverages internal and external marketing and advertising knowledge to influence stakeholders internally and brands externally to make Sam’s Club Media Group an indispensable part of their marketing to consumers. The right candidate will be passionate about our member-obsession and customer-first culture. Our business is moving with tremendous speed, and we are growing fast. This leader will need to develop clear brand direction and narratives for each Industry Vertical, understand product-based cultures and customer-first cultures; experience in quickly ideating, writing and challenging briefs for multiple categories of business. The ideal applicant understands HOW to produce and WHAT to produce based on specific cultural competencies and a strong strategic, visionary, storyteller.
What You’ll Do
Experience / Skills Required
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Bentonville, AR; Dallas, TX; San Bruno, CA; Hoboken, NJ
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
Experience in related field
950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of America