Category Director, Jewelry & Watches
What you'll do at
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
What you'll do
The Category Director is the business owner for multiple categories across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites including Walmart.com & Jet.com. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, and make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports directly to the General Manager.
Challenges youll be tackling:
Own categories end to end across all our ecommerce brands:You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmarts Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com & Jet.com), and be responsible for developing and driving strategy for the Jewelry & Watch categories, owning merchandise assortment, financial performance.
Build a best in class customer experience:You will be working alongside Site and Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts:You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels.
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV, margin, and turn), and identity levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the categorys assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Work with planning, global sourcing and supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Work with supply chain and FCs to develop appropriate security protocols for higher AUR product
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs and supplier funding
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage and inspire a team of category specialists and experts
- Continuously finding new strategies to ensure best in class customer experience
How youll know its right:
- If you love fashion, trends and merchandising
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk, there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 8+ years experience in category management, pricing, site merchandising, planning or inventory planning or related area
- 6+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources and extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing and executing strategies aligned to business goals, and taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing and developing business relationships, and in complex negotiations
- Experience in building broad Jewelry & Watch assortments from opening price point to luxury; and scaling new businesses
- Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans and KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain and sourcing processes preferred
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Lets make a date.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.