All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
Drives sales in the Vision Center by ensuring effective merchandise presentation, including accurate and competitive pricing, proper signing and in-stock and inventory levels; budgeting and forecasting sales; and assessing economic trends and community needs.Models, enforces, and provides direction and guidance to Associates on proper Customer/Member service approaches and techniques to ensure Customer/Member needs, complaints, and issues are successfully resolved within Company guidelines and standards.Oversees the implementation of and participates in community outreach programs, and encourages Associates to serve as good members of the community.Ensures compliance with Company and legal policies, procedures, and regulations for the Vision Center by analyzing and interpreting reports; implementing and monitoring asset protection and safety controls; overseeing safety, operational, and quality assurance reviews; developing and implementing action plans to improve performance; providing direction and guidance on executing Company programs and strategic initiatives; and directing the Vision Center Associates in ensuring confidentiality of information, documentation, and assigned records.Provides supervision and development opportunities for Associates in the Vision Center by hiring, training, mentoring, assigning duties, providing recognition, and ensuring diversity awareness.Ensures the provision of quality eyewear by consulting with and educating Members/Customers, selecting products based on Member/Customer needs, obtaining measurements, verifying prescriptions, maintaining confidential information, performing minor frame repair, and maintaining Optical equipment.Upholds the Company's Open Door Policy by meeting with Associates and listening to concerns, researching issues, reviewing Company policies and procedures, and suggesting resolution for Associates. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of 2 or more years' of college OR 1 year’s retail experience and 1 year’s supervisory experience OR 2 years’ general work experience including 1 year’s optical experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
900 S BOWMAN RD, LITTLE ROCK, AR 72211-3617, United States of America
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity – unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
In 1962, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s largest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience - and our associates are at the heart of it (all 2.2 million of them). When you join our Walmart family of ...