Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
The Collaboration Tools Engineering Team provides a platform for Walmart global technology teams to plan, track and collaborate, and tools for executives to make decisions about resourcing and product roadmaps on a large scale. We leverage industry-standard tools like Jira and Confluence, and we build our own custom web tools, data and reporting to empower management decision-making and automate internal processes.
Job Duties include:
- Writing complex data queries, views, and stored procedures using technical knowledge and implementation of SQL server T-SQL
- Reporting of work and resource data for key internal accounting processes such as tech labor capitalization
- Building reporting solutions using BI development tools such as Tableau, and analysis of data in Excel
- Understanding internal user needs for reporting solutions, including Agile software development process and how a large organization tracks project work
- Providing data analysis of internal work and resource data to program management, levels of engineering management, and finance
- Optimizing query performance via SQL query analyzer tools and iterative improvements
- Designing automated data testing solutions to ensure data quality
- SQL Server T-SQL complex queries
- Strong accuracy discipline, with ability to test data quality and audit data with internal accounting stakeholders
- BI development: Tableau desktop and server, or other BI tools such as Power BI
- Understanding of Agile software development lifecycle, and use of Jira as an agile work management tool
- Experience providing analysis and recommendations based on data
- Strong communication skills.
This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.-
Problem Formulation: Identifies possible options to address the business problems within one's discipline through analytics, big data analytics, and automation.
Applied Business Acumen: Provides recommendations to business stakeholders to solve complex business issues. Develops business cases for projects with a projected return on investment or cost savings. Translates business requirements into projects, activities, and tasks and aligns to overall business strategy. Serves as an interpreter and conduit to connect business needs with tangible solutions and results. Recommends new processes and ways of working.
Data Source Identification: Understands the appropriate data set required to develop simple models by developing initial drafts. Supports the identification of the most suitable source for data. Maintains awareness of data quality.
Data Quality Management: Promotes data quality awareness. Profiles, analyzes, and assesses data quality. Tests and validates data quality requirements under supervision of others. Executes operational Data Quality Management procedures under supervision of others. Conducts data cleansing activities to remove data quality defects, improves data quality, and eliminates unused data under supervision of others. Grants user access to data. Learns company and regulatory policies on data. Learns data governance processes, practices, policies, and guidelines.
Data Visualization: Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for multiple data sets. Works with User Experience designers and User Interface engineers as required to build front end applications. Presents to and influences the team and business audience using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through business and stakeholder understanding. Customizes communication style based on stakeholder under guidance and leverages rational arguments. Guides and mentors junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
Exploratory Data Analysis: Collects and tabulates data and evaluates results to determine accuracy, validity, and applicability. Supports the identification and application of statistical techniques based on requirements. Applies suitable technique under direction from leadership. Assists in the planning, design and implementation of exploratory data analysis research projects. Understands existing statistical models and identifies and recommends statistical models based on hypothesis. Uses advanced Knowledge in Data Discovery tools to write queries and analyzes data to identify patterns, trends, outliers, and correlations. Conducts statistical experiments(for example hypothesis tests, confidence intervals) and builds basic statistical models using packages like Statistical Analysis Systems(SAS).
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 1 year's
experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: 3 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
950 ELM AVE, SAN BRUNO, CA 94066-3047, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.