Problem Formulation: Identifies possible options to address the business problems within one's discipline through analytics, big data analytics, andautomation.Applied Business Acumen: Supports the development of business cases and recommendations. Owns delivery of project activity and tasks assignedby others. Supports process updates and changes. Solves business issues.Data Governance: Supports the documentation of data governance processes. Supports the implementation of data governance practices.Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, and applies principles of the defined strategy to routine business problems that involve a single function.Data Transformation and Integration: Extracts data from identified databases. Creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevantto the problem by selecting appropriate techniques. Develops knowledge of current data science and analytics trends.Data Source Identification: Supports the understanding of the priority order of requirements and service level agreements. Helps identify the mostsuitable source for data that is fit for purpose. Performs initial data quality checks on extracted data.Data Modeling: Analyzes complex data elements, systems, data flows, dependencies, and relationships to contribute to conceptual, physical, andlogical data models. Develops the Logical Data Model and Physical Data Models including data warehouse and data mart designs. Defines relationaltables, primary and foreign keys, and stored procedures to create a data model structure. Evaluates existing data models and physical databases forvariances and discrepancies. Develops efficient data flows. Analyzes data-related system integration challenges and proposes appropriate solutions.Creates training documentation and trains end-users on data modeling. Oversees the tasks of less experienced programmers and stipulates systemtroubleshooting supports.Code Development and Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programminglanguage and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Createsproofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation,maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice andguidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; andbuilding commitment for perspectives and rationales.Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying businessneeds; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing onimprovement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity byincorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting otherswith how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Option 1: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field. Option 2: 4 years’ experience in
software engineering or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Computer Science.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data engineering, database engineering, business intelligence, or business analytics, Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America