Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
As part of Walmart's Supply Chain Data & Analytics team, the Director of Analytics/Data Science is responsible for developing advanced data science solutions to empower Supply Chain Operations with analytical tools and solutions. This role is responsible for driving predictive and prescriptive analytics adoption to advance data-driven insights and decision-making while building a network of influence with leaders and key stakeholders.
The Director of Supply Chain Analytics is a key leader who will own the advanced analytics project portfolio, oversee its technical development, develop a team of data scientists, and increase analytics adoption through cross-functional teams. This role partners with other business, product management, and technology leaders to develop, present, and implement innovative and high-impact data analytics solutions. This role will be a key enabler of the digital supply chain transformation journey.
- Data Source Identification: Defines data requirements for various model types. Directs usage of the appropriate internal and external data sources based on business and model requirements (for example, types of databases, recommended data structures). Defines data quality guidelines and aligns data governance.
- Data Strategy: Understands, articulates, interprets, and applies principles of the defined strategy to complex business problems. Leverages experiences and learnings to inform and influence data strategy that typically spans one or more functions or domains.
- Applied Business Acumen: Evaluates proposed business cases for projects and initiatives. Influences business stakeholder decision making. Translate business requirements into strategies, initiatives, and projects and aligns them to business strategy and objectives, and drives the execution of deliverables. Builds and articulates the business case and return on investment and delivers work that has demonstrable value. Challenge business assumptions on topics related to one's domain expertise. Develops new organization-wide processes and ways of working. Teaches and guides others on best practices. Proactively engages in the external community to build Walmart's brand and learn more about industry practices.
- Problem Formulation: Collaborates with multiple business stakeholders to gain an understanding of complex organizational problems from varied perspectives. Influences the business to redefine the problem statement. Designs multi-stage, data-driven solutions to real-world problems for issues that are amenable to a data-driven solution. Redefine data analytics, big data analytics, automation goals, and deliverables by leveraging experience with the business problem. Identifies return on investment.
- Code Development & Testing: Writes code to develop the required solution and application features by determining the appropriate programming language and leveraging business, technical, and data requirements. Creates test cases to review and validate the proposed solution design. Creates proofs of concept. Tests the code using the appropriate testing approach. Deploys software to production servers. Contributes code documentation, maintains playbooks, and provides timely progress updates.
- Model Assessment & Validation: Identifies and reviews model evaluation metrics based on analytical requirements. Applies suitable techniques for model testing and tuning, to assess accuracy, fit, validity, and robustness. Ensures testing information is documented and maintained by the team.
- Data Visualization: Identifies and recommends the most suitable visualization tools based on context. Generates appropriate graphical representations of data and model outcomes. Understands customer requirements to design appropriate data representation for complex data sets and drive User Experience designers and User Interface engineers to build front end applications. Defines application design based on customer requirements. Builds compelling stories based on context to integrate multiple pieces of information into cohesive insights. Presents to and influences diverse audiences using the appropriate frameworks and conveys clear messages through deep business and stakeholder understanding. Customizes communication style based on stakeholders and leverages relationships to drive behavioral change. Guides and mentors junior associates on story types, structures, and techniques based on context.
- Analytical Modeling: Explores and creates automated feature generation framework. Develops standard EDA process. Develops best practices on experimentation. Drives exploratory work in newer areas of Math, Statistics, Machine Learning, and Optimization Techniques. Continuously improves the business's data analysis models. Creates industry-leading performance by leveraging new and creative data-sources. Employs the latest in machine learning in the department, Scopes, designs, and implements new machine-learning models to support the business's initiatives and programs with a view of achieving overall objectives and targets. Guides teams in the development and delivery of big data predictive technologies models, and fully working prototypes of complex algorithms using readily available libraries.
- Model Deployment & Scaling: Deploys models or model ensembles and ensures sustainability and maintenance overtime. Implements model monitoring and model life-cycle management practices. Assists in creation of innovative user interfaces and supports the use of models through collaboration with key stakeholders. Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Master's degree in Statistics, Operational Research, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- 2 years' supervisory experience.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- PhD in Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field.
- 9 years' experience in data science, machine learning, optimization models, or related field.
- Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R.
- 4 years' supervisory experience.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou'llquickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou'lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement.From day one,you'llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates,customersand the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding,respectingand valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field.
Option 3: 8 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
601 N WALTON BLVD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.