Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
This is the opportunity to get in early with a stealth health & wellness project currently incubating in Walmart's Store No8.At Store No8, the team will discover and deliver the insights that will power the future of healthcare for our customers, through the unparalleled scale of Walmart's platform. In this role, you will lead: 1) digital citizenship and privacy efforts as they relate to consumer and patient expectations in health insight use cases, Walmart's corporate policies and positions, and external market conditions and regulations, and, 2) the sourcing, acquisition, linkage, and de-identification of internal and external data. You will work closely with Walmart Digital Citizenship, Walmart Global Tech and the Walmart Health & Wellness business to guide the ethical use of data and responsible use of technology.
Top reasons to work with us:
- This is a rare opportunity you will architect and shape the growth of a stealth health & wellness project from the ground up, ultimately helping Walmart's millions of customers to live better every day
- Startup energy, Walmart backing - you will move at the speed of a startup without time lost to fundraising and finding customers; you will have clarity of mission from Day One and the full support of our leadership team in this audacious mission; you will also be a part of Walmart's world-class Digital Citizenship organization
- Access our affiliation with the Fortune 1 company enables us to access the best and the brightest in the industry, and you will be empowered to form and own those relationships
- Long term vision we are focused on making a contribution to Health at the scale of Walmart, you will bridge the art of the possible across today's rapidly evolving healthcare data and informatics landscape, such that Walmart is positioned to drive the consumerization of health
Who will love this job:
- A health privacy evangelist you are passionate about fairness and equity in the design of health tech solutions, and believe giving consumers greater transparency and agency in the use of their personal data has the potential to transform health and healthcare
- A data enthusiast you understand the complexity of healthcare data as it exists in different forms and from different sources, and you enjoy sourcing, evaluating, and appropriately using new data sets to create value
- A product thinker you have a deep curiosity about problems and how people experience them; you are disciplined in prototyping creative, hypothesis-driven solutions, defining assumptions, and testing hypotheses
- A clear communicator you break down complex concepts and make them easy to understand
- A generous collaborator you enjoy building expertise, insights, and solutions to collaborative teams and can thrive with cross-functional and matrixed teams
- A thought leader you know how to inspire others to do top-notch work and do it by working smartly, while having fun too
About the role:
As Data Stewardship and Privacy Lead, you will oversee the sourcing, acquisition, linkage, and de-identification of internal and external data as well as digital citizenship and privacy as it relates to consumer and patient expectations in novel health insight use cases by integrating Walmart's corporate policies, positions, and governance related to healthcare and consumer data into data acquisition and stewardship. You will sense and respond to internal and external data sources, external market conditions, relevant use cases, and existing and new regulations, and partner with data science and product teams to influence how and when we use data to create insights and user experiences which put choice in the hands of patients and consumers. You will help build internal and external messaging related to digital citizenship. In this role you will be part Store No. 8 and work closely with our partners in Walmart's Digital Citizenship, Global Tech and Health & Wellness business.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the sourcing, acquisition, linkage, and deidentification of internal and external data
- Discover, research, and evaluate consumer and patient attitudes, beliefs, and expectations related to the use of their own data to generate novel health-related insights that can lead to meaningful impact within the Walmart ecosystem
- Provide deep expertise in the privacy considerations associated with the problem(s) of interest for a stealth health & wellness project within Store No8
- Integrate Walmart's corporate policies, positions, and governance related to healthcare and consumer data into operations
- Anticipate, sense and respond to external market conditions, relevant health & wellness use cases, and existing and new policies and regulations
- Partner with data science and product teams to influence how and when we access data and how we create user experiences which put choice in the hands of patients and consumers
- Anticipate the challenges and opportunities created by external perceptions of data use and create strategies to mitigate risk and maximize opportunity
- Navigate evolving healthcare regulatory landscape (e.g., HIPAA, 21st Century Cures Act) and Walmart's core privacy tenants to lead in the representation of digital citizenship internally and externally
- Grow customer trust by embracing Walmart's Digital Trust Commitments to help advance the narrative for customers, associates, and the public about how Walmart will continue to innovate with the Customer at the center of our designs, and ensuring that our actions match our words as we maintain our position as the most trusted retailer.
- 8-10+ years in a health data privacy or policy related role with a robust network across healthcare industry stakeholders
- Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with and present to C-level executives and board members; proven ability to influence strategic decision making
- Experience collaborating with product, legal, policy, user research, and data science teams to advocate for and influence privacy-related digital experiences
- Experience with the use of various forms of health data (e.g., clinical, pharmacy, claims) and knowledge of related privacy standards
- In-depth experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to align product use-case efforts with regulatory compliance, business, and clinical value
- Comfort with cross-functional teams and matrixed reporting structures
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a high growth technology company
- Experience and passion for rapid prototyping and development in a fast-paced environment
Pay, perks & such
Competitive cash, bonus, Walmart equity, 401k, and health benefits
Come join us!
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 6 years' experience in
data stewardship, data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 2: 8 years' experience in data stewardship,
data management, database administration, data analytics, or related field. Option 3: Master's degree in Business, Mathematics, Finance,
Computer Science, Data Architecture, or related field and 4 years' experience in in data stewardship, data management, database administration,
data analytics, or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data Management certification (for example, Certified Data Management Professional), Driving taxonomy development and application particularly with large and complex sets of information, Industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), Master's degree in Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, Data Architecture, Supervisory
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.