Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
This is the opportunity to get in early with a stealth health & wellness project currently incubating in Walmart's Store No8.At Store No8, the team will discover and deliver the insights that will power the future of healthcare for our customers, through the unparalleled scale of Walmart's platform. In this role, you will lead the engineering team from initial design to development and production. You will work closely with the core Store No8 team, and our partners within the Walmart Health & Wellness business.
Top reasons to work with us:
- This is a rare opportunity you will architect and shape the growth of a stealth health & wellness project from the ground up, ultimately helping Walmart's millions of customers to live better every day
- Startup energy, Walmart backing - you will move at the speed of a startup without time lost to fundraising and finding customers; you will have clarity of mission from Day One and the full support of our leadership team in this audacious mission
- Access our affiliation with the Fortune 1 company enables us to access the best and the brightest in the industry, and you will be empowered to form and own those relationships
- Long term vision we are focused on making a contribution to Health at the scale of Walmart, you will bridge the art of the possible across today's rapidly evolving healthcare data and informatics landscape, such that Walmart is positioned to drive the consumerization of health
Who will love this job:
- A technologist you are passionate about developing and deploying technology to solve complex problems
- A healthcare evangelist you believe that our healthcare system is at a positive inflection point and building the right solution at scale will unlock the transformative power of the consumer
- A clear communicator you break down complex concepts and make them easy to understand
- A creator and a problem solver you identify a problem, envision a solution, take a hands-on approach to build it, and flexibly adapt as you analyze feedback loops
- A strong leader you know how to motivate your team to do top-notch work and do it by working smartly, while having fun too
About the role:
As Engineering lead, you will play a leadership role and drive the vision, design, strategy, and implementation of all architecture, engineering, and application development required to stand up and scale this high priority initiative inside of Store No8. You will build a team of engineers and develop the roadmap to bring the vision to life. You will coordinate with leaders from Store No8 and Walmart's Health & Wellness organization to design and build the solution that achieves Walmart's strategic goals. You will be empowered to build at the speed of a startup with the full support of Walmart's massive scale and resources.
What you'll do:
- Leverage your engineering expertise to create a data pipeline platform to enable insight generation across large, complex, and diverse datasets as a source of sustained competitive advantage for Walmart
- Build working prototypes of apps and other digital solutions that enable the use-cases which translate insight into action
- Oversee all technical architecture, data engineering, platform features and requirements, software development, and the associated build vs buy vs partner decisions
- Partner with data science to deploy the technical foundation for all necessary data warehouses and data lakes
- Partner with product to build software in accordance with the product roadmap and to influence the roadmap based on technical architecture and potential third-party solutions
- Navigate evolving healthcare regulatory landscape (e.g., HIPAA, 21st Century Cures Act) to design and build a privacy compliant system architecture
- Evaluate strengths and weaknesses of existing and new data and software development and develop and appropriate technology strategy to support agile data science, computational scale and elasticity, and information security
- Build, coach and mentor a team of engineers to foster a culture of success
- Drive disciplined and transparent decision-making processes to shape architecture and strategies to achieve defined goals
- Act as an internal and external spokesperson for the initiative
- Present complex technology concepts and principles in simple, concise, and clear business terms
- Enable cross-functional learning about data engineering and software development principles as applied to relevant use cases through a program of information sharing and education sessions (e.g. colloquia)
- Collaborate with Health & Wellness team, Global Tech team, product teams, ecosystem partners, and managed contract vendors
- Manage and develop top-tier talent, including recruitment, engagement, and well-being
- 8-1years in an engineering leadership role, with robust network across industry stakeholders
- Superb communication and relationship skills, including the ability to work with and present to senior executives
- Deep technical experience leading architects, front-end, back-end, and data engineers, quality assurance, dev-ops, and other technical resources in support of machine learning and artificial intelligence
- State-of-the-art knowledge of third-party solutions providers including Google, Microsoft, and Snowflake
- In-depth experience partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to align data platform and software development efforts with technical requirements, customer features, regulatory requirements, and strategic objectives
- Expertise with large data sets, ideally inclusive of healthcare data
- Demonstrated ability to manage full-time and contract teammates, both in-person and remote
- Strong record of delivering engineering projects with significant impact
- Experience directing budgets, and resources to achieve maximum value
- Strong track record of delivering large, cross functional projects
- Contribution to external open-source projects a plus
- Success in an entrepreneurial environment, ideally within a high growth technology company
- Experience and passion for rapid prototyping and development in a fast-paced environment
Pay, perks & such
Competitive cash, bonus, Walmart equity, 401k, and health benefits
Come join us!
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.