Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
About Walmart International
Walmart is the world's largest retailer committed to helping people around the world save money and live better. Walmart International operates in some of the world's most dynamic markets across Asia, Africa, and North/South America with the strategy of building - Strong local businesses, powered by Walmart
What does Studio X do?
- Project Acceleration Accelerate ideas into reality by defining clear objectives and outcomes, ensuring the presence of a robust execution plan and effectively collaborating across geographies and cross functional stakeholders to problem solve barriers that come up along the way
- Transformation and digitization Understand (and anticipate) user needs, design and implement program / process transformation to solve for user pain points and deliver exceptional user experience and process efficiencies.
- Innovation Be at the forefront of emerging data driven and technological solutions. Connect the dots between the technology and customer needs/behaviors to identify potential leverage opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
- Problem solver and critical thinker Is able to grasp complex problems, break it down into manageable, actionable pieces, understand the root cause and identify potential solutions for resolution
- Curious, quick learner with a growth mindset is comfortable learning about new domain areas and topics outside the comfort zone adapting skills and building knowledge as needed.
- Drives results Balances short term wins with long term strategic priorities. Leads the team and cross functional partners to deliver actionable results with demonstrable value
- Effective cross functional influence and collaboration with the ability to manage multiple stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Demonstrates strong digital and data acumen identifying opportunities to apply data driven solutions or products to customer/associate needs or pain points
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate complex topics into simple message and tell effective story
- Is comfortable navigating with ambiguity, making decisions and taking actions to move forward with what's known while being open to iterate as new learnings come along
- Leadership Coaches and supports the team, delegating appropriately and empowering and motivating the team towards high performance
- Develops strategies, business activities, processes, and best practices by, leading and partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; identifying industry trends and market forces; assessing organizational readiness; developing long-range plans and project timelines; and communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization.
- Aligns change initiatives to achieve desired results by, defining transformational change; validating value and priority; driving project plans; assessing people's readiness for change; managing expectations; adjusting approaches to have positive company change adopted by the entire organization; and ensuring timely project management from pilot to the execution stage.
- Partners with multiple business units across the organization to align resources to solve issues by, collaborating with the business to understand needs; managing partnerships with key suppliers; prioritizing workload to ensure crucial business needs and future strategies are being met; and implementing a rolling two-year plan to support five-year strategy and vision.
- Oversees a portion of the department budget and profit and loss (P&L) by, forecasting resource needs and expenses for personnel, travel, and other variable items; monitoring actual expenses versus budget; and making adjustments as necessary.
- Leads team by, creating a compelling vision; leading multiple strategies that improve the business; making decisions on direction and tools to be used; balancing workloads; determining resources; and developing both short- and long-term plans.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Project Management , Information Systems, Operations Management, or related field and 5 years of experience in engineering, project management, information systems, operations management , or related field OR 7 years of experience in engineering, project management, information systems, operations management, or related field. 3 Years Supervisory Experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Program ManagementMasters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Operations Management, Masters: Project/Program ManagementEnglishSix Sigma Black Belt - Certification
701 S. WALTON BLVD., BENTONVILLE, AR 72716-6209, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.