Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
Executes engineering projects by developing resource planning for business roadmap in advance; removing barriers to success; ensuring others have the information, training, resources, and implementation time needed to succeed; developing and upgrading work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies; reviewing project progress against timeline; and developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, to build commitment and support.
Reduces customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues by ensuring high quality using quality standards; measuring sales loss and performing root cause analysis; publishing results; and developing future prevention plan.
Develops and executes technical software development strategy for ecommerce applications and systems using current business roadmap by analyzing competitive trends and patterns; analyzing the technology landscape; evaluating short and long term implications; and communicating strategies and change initiatives clearly.
Drives continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the team; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
Ensures product quality by developing and executing quality assurance plan; using data and experience to determine customer needs; directing continuous improvement and eliminating non-value-added work; measuring milestones for quality; and developing mitigation plans to ensure quality. Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning. Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy. Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Walmart operates over 11000 retail units in 27 countries and eCommerce websites in 10 countries and serves nearly 265 million customers and members each week.
The Walmart Store and E-commerce businesses globally are transforming to provide true omni-channel consumer experiences of buy anywhere, get anywhere and return anywhere. Walmart is also reimagining how it builds its ecosystem of marketplace and logistics partners to achieve this goal of rapidly changing omni-channel retail experience. For Walmart Supply Chain to support these business objectives it needs to provide a reliable, responsive and adaptable (agile) supply chain at the lowest operating cost with high asset utilization.
Supply Chain Technology is a key differentiator by providing cloud native flexible platform that enables digitally connected supply chain in multiple markets globally. We
- Provide business API layer that enables flexible consumer facing fulfillment (and return) options and capturing changing customer preferences in real time
- Digitize Walmart and partner supply chain assets to allow for streaming supply chain data in near real time
- Use ML/AI/OR based optimization techniques that use real time consumer and supply chain data to take planning and execution decisions enabling the most reliable, responsive and low-cost supply chain
- Deliver execution and customer service systems that are connected and responsive in real time with each other, plan outputs and automation systems to manage the order lifecycle and movement of inventory from vendor to store or consumer
- Ensure high engagement from consumers, supply chain operators and external partners by providing frictionless experiences across the network
Create product architecture that will enable flexibility to support disruptive consumer facing propositions with very high engineering productivity making Walmart SCT an employer of choice for technology talent and recognized as industry leader for supply chain product and technology.
Smart software engineer wanted to optimize performance, scale systems, plan capacity, and lower operating costs. Challenging journey to compete with worthy competitor, market compensation, long hard work, constant insecurity, success doubtful, honor and recognition in case of success. First principles thinking is required and depth in cloud and operations is valuable.
Day to day work includes performance optimization, technology deep dives, collaborating with engineers and product managers to build new capabilities that can be brought to market, participating in design reviews, root causing production incidents, optimizing costs, planning capacity, and mentoring other engineers.
Manager's Ideal Candidate Must-Haves :
- 10 years' experience coding, problem solving, and design.
- Stakeholder influence
- Technology vision and business savvy
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 7 years' experience in software engineering.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.