Trains and develops self within a complex facility in the areas of operational acumen, leadership, end-to-end Supply Chain awareness, continuous improvement aptitude, and WPS execution in preparation for a General Manager role.
Manage the facility's financial operations by authorizing and managing expenditures in relation to the budget; monitoring asset use; and generating, evaluating, and/or evaluating business reports.
Analyze and approve projected staffing plans to ensure they are accurately forecast to meet business goals for workload and performance results;Â guarantee timely implementation of staffing plans.
As a community liaison, participate in local and community organizations and philanthropic activities; advocate for company-sponsored programs and events among associates, customers, and the local community.
EnsuresÂ that associate, customer, and supplier issues are addressed fully by conducting an investigation and making judgments depending on the information of the problem or consulting with others.
Leads and directs the facility's management team by establishing direction and ensuring that it is implemented, communicating goals, monitoring performance, and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and ensuring that opportunities for learning and growth are available; adhering to Logistics and company policies and procedures; and supervising the hiring, promotion, coaching, and training of new employees.
Develop, plan, and manage the facility's business plan in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, and safety) and to identify potential for continuous improvement within complex operations.
Develop, implement, and/or manage processes and related documentation to monitor and assure compliance with Supply Chain and corporate quality and safety standards, policies, procedures, and directives on a facility-wide level.
Effectively facilitates strong partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders across the organization (including finance, merch, transportation, etc), effectively developing, implementing, and sustaining key organizational objectives.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart’s business model.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
• takes action to enhance compliance. Adaptability: Adapt and Learn - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, or adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Identifies and takes steps to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization. Social Responsibility and Reputation: Strengthen Reputation and Local Involvement - Participates in and supports community events, and conducts business in a manner that creates and maintains a "good neighbor" image. Develops external relationships and partnerships to strengthen the reputation of the company. Serves as a credible and effective spokesperson and representative for the company. Talent: Manage and Leverage Talent - Develops talent plans for own organization targeted at increasing effectiveness, building diversity, and enhancing bench strength. Manages roles, assignments, and developmental opportunities to maximize organizational performance. Ensures people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) lead to effective associate performance and desired results throughout own organization. Monitors associate performance and provides constructive feedback that is specific, honest, accurate, and timely. Provides learning opportunities, guidance, and support in the development of associates. Build Relationships: Network Internally and Externally - Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality, or background. Promotes a team-based work environment that respects, embraces, and values diversity in others. Physical Activities The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position. Observes associate, customer, or supplier behavior. Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds without assistance. Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Visually locates merchandise and other objects. Visually inspects equipment. Stand for extended periods of time. Walk within work area for extended periods of time. Visually verifies and reads information, often in small print. Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or electronic device. Enters and locates information on electronic device. Travel Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position. Travels domestically to and from multiple facilities or work-sites during the workday. Work Environment Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position. Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions. Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts. Work indoors for extended periods of time. Continually moves throughout the work area. Entry Requirements Minimum Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management); and 3 years experience in a senior management role within an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees facility-wide OR 2 years experience as a Walmart Logistics Assistant General Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates OR 5 years experience in a senior management role as an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing.
Business Operations, Compliance, Facilities Planning, Financial Modeling and Analysis, Logistics, Modeling/Forecasting, Preparing and executing budgets, Profit and Loss (P&L) Accountability, Recruiting, Supervising Associates, Talent Development, Walmart Logistics Manager, Warehouse Management SystemsBachelors: Business, Bachelors: Finance, Bachelors: Logistics, Bachelors: Management, Bachelors: Operations Management
2785 Commerce Center Blvd, Bethlehem, PA 18015-0000, United States of America