Head of Partner Operations - US Marketplace Team
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About Walmart Marketplaces
With thousands of MP & DSV partners selling online, our partner business represents more than 50% of our US eCommerce business. We are already complementing Walmarts 5000+ US stores footprint and omni channel strategy, by bringing critical medium and long tail selection of more than 75M unique skus. Our aspiration is to become the largest omni-channel retailer by developing the best customer and partner experience to enable customers the convenience of shopping in store or online.
Want to help change the future of online commerce? We are building a new type of customer- centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology and we want you to be a part of it!
About the Job
We are looking for an exceptional leader to lead our Partner Operations organization comprising ~300 associates in our California, Utah and India sites. This job will be located in San Bruno or Sunnyvale, CA and will involve travel, especially to our Salt Lake City, Utah contact center. This leader is responsible for building and executing a strategy to provide world class support to our 23K+ (and growing) Marketplace Sellers, Partners, and DSVs. We are seeking an accomplished people leader with demonstrated operational leadership to drive business and partner outcomes while build a great culture with high associate engagement. This position reports directly into the VP of Marketplace for Walmart US eCommerce.
Essential Functions of the Role
- Capable of defining the Partner Operations strategy that sets the north star for associate engagement, partner & seller engagement, and productivity and that is aligned to the overall Marketplaces vision and mission.
- Data driven; capable of establishing the Partner Operations organizations KPI & analytics framework and ensure the team drives continuous improvement to improve our capabilities.
- Build a team is focused on understanding our partner and seller needs, and leverage the Voice of our Partner to drive continuous quality improvements (NPS)
- Leader who possesses and builds an organization that with a strong service orientation, who will go the extra mile to ensure our sellers get the support they need
- Demonstrated ability to lead distributed, scale organizations and ensure we achieve positive customer, teammate, and shareholder outcomes
- Works cross-functionally across multiple locations so communication, collaboration, and organization are key to your success.
- Attract, lead, and develop best-in class team members from the top down; Capable of energizing, inspiring and rallying a team
- Possesses excellent communication skills; strong executive presence; communicates effectively with all major stakeholders
- Collaborative leader who works to define and foster a values-based culture; diplomatic and direct communicator
In addition, the ideal candidate portrays the following the competencies and skills:
- 10+ years of relevant leadership experience in operations in consumer facing businesses
- Ability to set a strategy and a vision for the team; and drive it to execution
- Great demeanor and partner-facing attitude, including being reliable, helpful, and efficient
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a bias for action
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a rigorous testing environment. Must be passionate about presenting a fact-based argument and be results/metrics driven.
- Ability to speak fluently to senior executives
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities with minimum guidance; Program Management experience in an enterprise company a plus
- Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside organization to develop consensus and create
- strong relationships; one who builds strong relationships at every level of the organization and is a strong motivator who knows how to influence and get others to consistently do their best work
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.