Internal Consultant - Business Development , Senior Manager I, Walmart Services
Benton County, AR
Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
What you'll do...
Who you are
As the Sr. Manager I, Innovation Architecture Walmart Services and Digital Acceleration, you will be leading the development, execution and delivery of highly visible and strategic initiatives that grow revenue while empowering our customers to save money and live better. Initiatives will focus on improving the customer experience both instore and online. You will lead and collaborate with a diverse team to deliver fast, measurable results. Innovation Architecture builds the foundation for innovation-led growth across Walmart Services and Digital Acceleration as well as leading portfolio management.
The ideal candidate demonstrates intellectual curiosity, thought leadership and an entrepreneurial drive to deliver innovation at a rapid pace. You make well-informed, reasoned judgments in an ever-changing atmosphere, and can connect multiple dots across the spectrum of service innovation, data analysis, and in-store implementation.
Here are some things you will do every day
- Identify & Assess New Opportunities
- Grow the innovation pipeline through ideation, research and engagement to find new prospective partners, technologies and ways of delivering new services and platforms for our customers.
- Drive the business case development for key opportunities and work with leadership to gain input, alignment and prioritization.
- Accelerate Projects
- Fully develop viable solutions, go-to-market recommendations and lead the execution of projects to bring new services to Walmart customers.
- Requires a unique combination of expertise in product management, project management and cross-functional leadership.
- You manage a complex matrix of stakeholders, both inside and outside of the organization, while delivering project milestones and deadlines at pace.
- Portfolio Management & Optimization
- Serve as an internal consultant to leadership and product owners.
- Support product portfolio health & lifecycle assessments.
- Supporting Services Team
- Partial responsibilities for coordinating internal leadership meetings, collecting monthly leadership updates and facilitating relevant trainings for the broader department development.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, or related field and 3 years experience in consumer services industry, project management, product management, process improvement, retail operations, or related area OR 5 years experience in consumer services industry, project management, product management, process improvement, retail operations, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Contracts Negotiation, Financial Planning and Analysis, Market Research, Microsoft Office, Modeling/Forecasting, Project Management, Retail Operations, Supervising AssociatesMasters, Masters: Accounting, Masters: Finance, Masters: Marketing