Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Technology is hiring a Principal Product Manager with a successful record of defining long-term vision and product strategy for a product family by capitalizing on technology, business and domain expertise. As part of the Core Services Retail and Emerging Technology Team, you will be responsible for deep analytics, management, leadership, and influencing product strategy. You will join a high-performing team seeking those challenging us to become even better. You will have the opportunity to contribute significant impact by solving problems at a scale available to only a few organizations in the world.
You will make impact by:
Defining long-term vision and strategy for a product family by capitalizing on technology, business, and domain expertise. Providing thought leadership on internal and external best practices and standards to drive decision making. Conducting benchmark studies and competitive assessments
Providing expertise on the market and competition and predicting market opportunities. Setting product objectives and key performance indicators. Developing and enhancing a product family by developing and managing product roadmaps and gathering, developing, documenting requirements
Considering technical architecture and implementation; collecting and analyzing customer and product data; turning customer insights into actionable priorities and initiatives; defining user and business acceptance criteria and roll out strategy; managing risks and dependencies
Seeking patents to protect innovative ideas and products and prioritizing product backlog
Crafting and developing solutions to business challenges by communicating requirements to key partners (i.e., business leaders, User Experience, Engineering, Analytics) and engaging with them to deliver and support initiatives. Communicating status and insights related to product performance and securing buy-in from executive-level leadership.
Driving execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs and developing and communicating business plans and priorities. Removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources and identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
Providing supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Promoting and supporting company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by way of training and providing direction to others in their use and application and ensuring compliance and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
Ensuring business needs are met by evaluating ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness;
and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
You will sweep us off our feet if you:
Live our Values
• Model Walmart values to foster our culture; hold oneself and others accountable; support Walmart commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, sustainability; maintain and promote the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance
• Act as an altruistic servant leader-consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrate curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibit resilience in the face of setbacks
Digital Transformation & Change
• Drive continuous improvements, supervise the adoption of new technology, and support digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model
Deliver for the Customer
• Deliver expected business results while putting customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives
• Adopt a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Support strategies and drive initiatives to attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; build high-performing teams; embrace diversity, all forms; actively supports diversity goal programs
Collaboration & Influence
• Build strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; work collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; communicate with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action
• Create a discipline and focus around developing talent; build the talent pipeline; foster an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work; empower associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company; and regularly recognize others' contributions and accomplishments
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field and 4 years' experience in product management or related field OR 6 years' experience in product management or related field.
Consulting and advising business partners utilizing detailed analysis, Gathering, identifying, and recommending solution requirements, Product or solution development, Proven track record of successful product creation with measurable and significant business impact
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer Science
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men