Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
It's exciting time to join our Walmart journey. We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer - FDS for a key position in Finance Technology support the Finance Data Services team. Finance Data Services is a portfolio of Micro-Services that centralize data collection and availability of our core Finance Technology data. Today this information is primarily used in Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Procure to Pay, and Inventory processes, but the foundation is laid to expand to additional finance processes in the near future. This role would be supporting one of multiple domains within the portfolio for the enterprise, focused on building, enhancing, and supporting data flows and microservices within the ecosystem. A strong software engineering background is a must for this position, and we are seeking candidates who have a true passion for technology, to not only build for what we require today but build solutions that will support our growing ecosystem for years to come.
About the Team
As a part of Walmart Finance Technology, you will work alongside a cutting-edge technology team building industry leading solutions to support Walmart's financial systems' needs. We provide the systems that allow the Fortune 1 company to close the books each month and report financial statements externally each quarter. More than $500 Billion in annual revenue flows through these systems, so you will be working with large data sets and large financials. You will be in the unique position to be of service to both our customers and our associates as a member of this organization supporting all segments of Walmart globally. If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, has a love for data, enjoys solving complex problems, has a passion for technology and likes to leverage new and creative solutions to solve our challenges, knows how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and works for the success of the entire team - then our Sr. Software Engineer - FDS position could be for you. The ideal candidate will be a builder with a strong understanding of cloud technologies and open-stack solutions, as well as a passion for ensuring our customers obtain necessary data at the speed of business. You'll need to be a team player and have a passion for building products that are used and see value added to customers both immediately and over time.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
• You are a technologist
• You are curious, and a learner - not afraid to try and solve a problem you've never seen before
• You like digging into data and doing some analysis
• You're excited about solving complex challenges
• Innovative technology drives you, and you want to find new ways to solve old problems using the knowledge you have gained over time
• You have a test and learn mentality and an agile way of working to improve your team's products
You'll make an impact by:
• Leading a scrum team in successful large-scale implementations
• Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure proper design decisions and technology best practices are followed by the team each day.
• Brainstorming solutions with other technology associates, and not being afraid to challenge the status quo
• Seeking value in every solution
• Have a continuous improvement mindset and always seeking better ways to solve existing challenges, never settling for manual processes, and relying on automation to add efficiencies
• Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
What you'll do...
• Be hands on building Java based Micro Services in our Cloud environment
• Partner with technology team leads for the future direction of how individual components need to be built
• Provide input to solving business problems leveraging the technology tools available
• Build a strong working relationship with our India based associates (~70) with daily collaboration for around the clock development/support
• Align with other major programs underway to understand and direct changes as required for the FDS organization
• Provide input to roadmaps and project plans supporting Walmart's long-term plans for data optimization across systems.
What you'll bring...
• 8+ years of Software Engineering experience
• Solid understanding of the Java or comparable coding language, with hands on experience in the industry
• Experience building Micro Services or other Java based applications
• Solid understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, GCP, or AWS) and successfully implementing components to run in a live environment
• Technical curiosity, and a willingness to learn new technologies as part of your daily work Spark
• Spark SQL, Spark Streaming
• Kafka and/or Event Hub, IBM MQ
• Database technologies (DB2, Azure Data Lake)
• File Systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required
• Software Engineering experience
• Platform experience is highly desirable.
• Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
• Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men