Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
Imagine a position that allowsyou to apply your trusted legal expertise while workingalongsidethe world'slargestretailer. Imagine an opportunitywhere yourknowledge takes you beyond the courtroom and positions you as a trusted business advisor. At Walmart,our Lead Counselsdrive strategy while empowering the organization to make informed decisions that align to enterpriseobjectives.If you thrive ina fast-paced environment,enjoy solving problems and working collaboratively toward a solution, you'll find thatbeing a part of ourLegaldivisionis a move that brings with it tremendous growth potentialand exciting new challenges.The most exciting part?You'll likely find yourself in a place you never envisioned your law degree would take you.
Join Walmart, the world's largest food retailer and our Regulatory Legal Team to partner with the business & compliance teams on fast-paced, regulatory focused counseling and legal matters, supporting food related business strategy, innovations in food manufacturing and production, growth in the Company's private label programs, as well as supporting other parts of the legal team and business on interesting and innovative customer facing solutions like Walmart Pickup and Delivery. You will represent the company in regulatory matters, provide legal support and counsel to the business and compliance teams related to food safety, and engage with the business on strategic initiatives that have a food component. You will work with outside counsel and other subject matter experts and will interact with relevant government agencies and regulatory bodies.
You'll make an impact by:
- Providing legal advice to the company by providing clients with an informed understanding of the client's legal rights, obligations, and risks to allow theclient to make informed decisions
- Collaborating with senior executives on significant risks; seeking authority and obtaining informed consent toproceed with legal matters
- Tracking, monitoring, and advising the business and the global governance teams on federal and state food related regulatory activities.
- Providing legal advice and counsel to the company to enhance and maintain initiatives on a range of food related legal, business, and compliance matters.
- Having experience with FDA/USDA compliance, including, FSMA, facility inspections, enforcement actions, and product recalls. Also, experience with food safety related matters such as GFSi, GRAS, NDIs, Prop 65, pesticide residues, and packaging assessments.
- Providing food claims development, including ingredient assessments, and labeling requirements, competitor challenges, including before the NAD and courts, as well as litigation support on false advertising cases and other matters.
- Supporting food risk and audit programs.
- Reviewing and advising on agreements with various parties to ensure compliance with legal, contractual, and corporate requirements.
- Developingbest practices and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Finding solutions to support Walmart's strategic initiatives related to food ensuring that we deliver to our customers safe affordable food options including the method of delivery.
- Successfully collaborating withinternal and external stakeholders.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have 7+ years of diverse legal experience in government, in-house, or private practice with a reputable firm.
- You empower yourbusiness partners while working collaboratively toachieve cross-functional goals within a corporate environment.
- Leveraging technology to streamline processes, communication and workflows.
- Experience advising clients on FDA/USDA regulatory compliance and enforcement matters.
- Ability to evaluate scientific and safety data and information to support ingredient safety assessments and claims substantiation.
- Familiarity with domestic programs and regulations applicable to Walmart's activities, including, but not limited to, corporate compliance programs, and/or experience with US federal and corresponding state regulatory regimes in food safety and compliance.
- You're driven to execute and to act quickly.
- You're process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness.
- You have strong communication skills and experience with senior leadership and stakeholders.
- You have enjoyed success working on cross-functional teams within a corporate environment.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond a competitive pay package that includes salary, bonuses, and stock, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Law degree from an accredited law school and 6 years' experience in law.
License to practice law in at least one state.
2 years' experience leading cross-functional teams.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.