Determines the complexity and value of claims with a higher propensity to litigate or litigated claims for possible resolution by the company by
reviewing claims at a higher risk for litigation or new lawsuits from the Walmart Claims Services (WCS) Claims system or the Legal Central Intake
Department; reviewing WCS claims file and existing evidence (for example, statements, police reports, video, medical records, criminal background
checks, employment records, index reports); following up with the facility to identify, gather, and preserve additional evidence and potential discovery
items (for example, statements from witnesses and associates); and analyzing and reviewing evidence gathered from various sources (for example,
Legal Department intake, WCS claims file, discovery items).
Collaborates with counsel on potential discovery matters, negotiations and settlement agreements by identifying and assigning outside counsel to
handle claims; reviewing and analyzing initial case assessment and legal strategy proposed by counsel; directing and monitoring case managers or
outside counsel throughout strategy implementation and negotiations; providing settlement authority to case managers or outside counsel; and
reviewing and approving outside counsel invoices to ensure billable hours are appropriate for each case.
Manages cases at higher risk for litigation or those turned over for litigation from Case Managers by researching and reviewing non-litigated /litigated
claims and evidence; initiating communication with claimant attorneys; utilizing negotiation strategies to bring about claim resolution; and determining
next steps (for example, continue to negotiate, assign to outside counsel) to settle claims.
Drives proficiencies in claims processes and investigations to reduce litigation costs by tracking, reviewing and analyzing claims with a higher
propensity to litigate or litigated cases ; collaborating with risk analysis team to develop reporting metrics (for example, reporting metrics packet);
developing reports for and communicating results of current litigation trends to leadership (for example, directors, vice presidents, in-house legal
counsel); identifying and communicating behaviors and claims processes resulting in litigation to stakeholders (for example, case managers,
supervisors) in team meetings; and developing and conducting team training sessions to educate stakeholders on improving claims processes.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and
guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and
building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business
needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on
improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others
with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Arts, Science, or related field and 1 year experience in insurance claims, law or related field OR 3 years of experience in insurance claims, law or related field.
Insurance adjuster license.
Insurance industry or claims experience, Paralegal diploma approved by American Bar Association OR National Association of Legal Assistants Certified Legal Assistant certificate, Working in a legal environmentDoctorate: Law, Masters: Business Administration
608 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712-6207, United States of America