Maintenance and Custodial
Washington County, MD
What you'll do at
As a member of the Maintenance team, you will be responsible for repairs and preventative maintenance on Distribution Center equipment and the building. This role will Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage, identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner.
As a custodial associate, you will be expected to safely and correctly perform facility upkeep activities (e.g., cleaning, maintain internal areas of the facility, operate sweeper/scrubber). You must ensure facility upkeep equipment is in proper working order and supplies are organized and stocked.
Your attention to detail and focus on safety will be critical in these roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, repairs, and conducts preventative maintenance on DC equipment and building in safe and correct ways.
- Repairs items in a timely manner and utilizes established repair policies and procedures.
- Tells management about dirty and harmful working conditions and unsafe practices.
- Tells management when tools and supplies required for performing repairs on DC equipment are unavailable or broken.
Utilizes Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to perform work (e.g., record work history, identify parts usage, identify warranties) in a timely and effective manner.
- Safely and correctly performs facility upkeep activities (e.g., cleaning, maintain internal areas of the facility, operate sweeper/scrubber) and follows these requirements when doing own work in a timely and effective manner.
- Spots unsafe working conditions, poor products, and improper service procedures in the facility, and reports them to management with ideas for how to fix the problem.
- Ensures facility upkeep equipment is in proper working order and supplies are organized and stocked. Comply with company policies, procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity.
Performed additional duties as assigned
Maintenance technician positions will require specific qualifications to be met in order to compete for these position.
Minimum requirement examples are;
- Maintenance Technician
Coursework or certification in electronic technology and 2 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment) OR 3 years industrial maintenance experience specializing in electronic technology (e.g. troubleshooting and repairing automated equipment).
Energy Center Technician
- 1 year experience in industrial refrigeration (e.g. valve rebuilds, working with refrigeration systems); OR 1 year experience with HVAC
- Will obtain the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA) Certified Assistant Refrigeration Operator (CARO) and Certified Industrial Refrigeration Operator (CIRO) certifications within 30 months of job entry date and will maintain them while employed in this position
- 1 year experience with ammonia refrigeration
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?