Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Audit - as a trusted and valued business partner is committed to protecting the company, while remaining independent and objective in our approach and frame of mind. Working collaboratively, our professionals identify, anticipate, and prioritize risks, determine whether those risks are adequately mitigated, and act as remediation stewards ensuring that the solutions, we recommend address root causes sustainably. We also build and develop talent in a supportive environment while challenging each associate to grow and develop consistent with our high-performance culture. We do this while embracing our Company's culture, including our role as servant leaders.
You'll assist the Finance and Accounting team with assessing and advising on financial risks to the company, including our financial reporting. You will also work cross-functionally with Governance, IT and Operations teams to deliver insights through effective communication, influence, and technical acumen. You will work with audit teams through all project phases, planning, and delivering audit and advisory projects, while incorporating feedback from and managing expectations of more experienced Global Audit and business leaders.
You'll make an impact by:
- Recommending business and technology strategies, processes, and automated methods by identifying and determining control deficiencies; and evaluating current environment against internal standards, policies, procedures and Institute of Internal Auditors or other applicable standards and frameworks.
- Driving audit process efficiencies by recognizing automation and integration opportunities; creating common auditing methodologies; responding to critical business situations (for example, changes in company audit plan, project deadlines, available resources, or the company's risk environment); and participating in cross-functional teams.
- Managing the audit process by directing project workflow; ensuring adherence to audit methodology; communicating with internal and external stakeholders; reporting key findings and concerns; producing audit documents and supporting documentation; documenting findings and recommendations for management review and presentations; overseeing work product completion; assisting with the findings follow-up process; and assisting with stakeholder and team issue resolution.
- Managing regulatory compliance test work by coordinating with process owners to identify and test controls; validating process documentation; analyzing information technology and business information to identify improvement opportunities; and working with external auditors to test regulatory compliance controls.
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Providing and supporting business solution implementation by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Modeling compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open-Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have an accounting and IT background.
- You think creatively and strategically and are comfortable challenging the status quo.
- You consistently apply data analytics approaches to drive efficiencies, assess, and monitor risks, develop audit plans, build, and analyze hypotheses to solve complex business problems or assess processes and controls in an audit context, and recommend action plans.
- You are comfortable working with large, complex data sets including understanding the tools and techniques best suited to the nature of the underlying data and project objectives, presenting data-driven results to maximize impact and decision making, and leading others through data analytics approaches.
- You can personally apply and lead others in using data analysis, automation, dashboarding and workflow tools.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field and 1 year's experience in internal/external audit, management information systems, or related area OR 3 years' experience in internal/external audit, management information systems, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Financial Modeling and Analysis, Information Technology, Supervising Associates
2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.