Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
About the Strategy & Ops team:
Our team focuses on defining strategy and roadmap for entire Data Strategy and Insights (DSI) organization within Global Tech. We are also responsible for long term planning, business development initiatives and maintaining in streamlined operations impacted the different parts of the DSI organization.
- Develop business processes for new strategic initiatives and identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Conduct analysis of business and functional productivity based on performance metrics
- Monitor progress of key initiatives, prepare executive progress updates, assist with re-aligning of resources and ensure to drive alignment of work to Global Data strategy
- Partner with cross-functional leaders and program managers to optimize execution e.g., define actionable recommendations and drive implementation
- Manage and communicate with senior stakeholders, act as the connective tissue across large cross-functional teams, working to share knowledge and drive towards a common goal
- Collaborate with finance partners to drive financial planning processes for the Global Data organization e.g., annual budget exercises and long-range planning in alignment with Global Data strategy
- Bring clear thinking and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging and ambiguous business questions
- Facilitate and drive key Global Data leadership meetings; monitor and drive completion of actions
Who you are:
- You are a problem solver, critical thinker, effective communicator and executive presence
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better
- You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore
- Bachelor of business administration with 1-3 years' of strategy experience.
- A combination (not all) of the following skills, will be useful for the candidate to succeed in this role
- Business Operations/Operations experience
- Microsoft excel
- Problem solver
- Ability to think big picture
- Retail experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- Communicates effectively with leadership and external parties
- Consulting Experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- Business Administration Degree
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual workfor most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 6 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.