Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
As part of our digital transformation, we're using Internet of Things (IoT) at a scale unmatched across retail to improve food quality, lower energy consumption so we can keep costs low for our customers.
Currently, Walmart manages more than 7 million unique IoT data points across our U.S. stores. Every day, this network of connected devices sends almost 1.5 billion messages regarding temperature, operating functions, and energy use. We want to expand our internal IoT Platform to create even more impact across the globe and we are looking for a Scrum master to help lead us on that journey.
The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of Project Management within a technology org. The Scrum Master (Manager I, Technical Project Management, IoT) understands cloud platform and applications, has led technology teams with proven results and has strong organizational and communication skills. Experience in the IoT domain is a preferred skill.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You have a good understanding of agile planning and execution.
- You enjoy leading scrum teams to execute towards a strategic roadmap.
- You like resolving impediments and function as a servant leader for your team.
You are passionate, driven, and humble in your approach
You enjoy working across organizations with a sense of ownership for the whole.
- You're excited about running an efficient operation delivering both quality & quantity
- You're customer-centric in spirit and in execution
- You operate like an industrial engineer, but with a flair for the creative.
- You're comfortable influencing others, leading teams, managing stakeholders, getting buy-in from leadership, and communicating clearly.
You'll make an impact by:
- Bringing strong organizational and communication skills to understand product roadmaps, plan sprint ceremonies that can translate the roadmaps into executable deliverables and execute upon committed sprint plans to accelerate the number of assets under connection to our IoT platform to 1.2 million assets.
- Partnering with various stakeholders across the organization.
- Developing and implementing process and tools Baselining metrics that matter for the team and measuring progress along established KPI's.
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to business goals, communicating, and prioritizing implementation milestones, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Leading scrum ceremonies for the team and facilitating outcomes via these processes.
- Leading associates across multiple geographic locations.
- Resolving impediments that are faced by the scrum team.
- Proven project managementexperience, with demonstrated success in product definition activities.
- Master's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field plus 2 years of experience in technical program management or a related field; OR Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field plus 5 years of experience in technical program management or a related field.
- Agile Framework, Kanban, JIRA, and Project Plans; Facilitating sprint planning, daily stand-up meetings and monitoring JIRA dashboards; Working with Project Owners in backlog refinement and continuous delivery of features; Directing and leading development team from project initiation through final product delivery.
- Managed code development lifecycles (ideation to sprints to deployment); and Evangelizing benefits of Scrum to ensure adoption. Employer will accept any amount of graduate coursework, graduate research experience or professional experience with the required skills.
- Knowledge of Internet Protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, BGP)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the willingness to present and defend your idea
- Customer-focused, self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment, and energy
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 6 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
5830 GRANITE PKWY, PLANO, TX 75024, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.