Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
As part of the newly created Data Strategy and Ops team, this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world's leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking an individual who will be responsible for providing thought leadership and direction to the company focused on strategic initiatives driven by data. We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to conduct research, gap analysis and provide recommendations in alignment with the data strategy. You will participate in strategic planning and investment planning activities along with driving opportunities with limited oversight. The Manager Strategy and Ops role will report to the Director, Strategy and Ops.
About the Strategy & Ops team:
Our team focuses on defining strategy and roadmap for entire Data Strategy and Insights (DSI) organization within Global Tech. We are also responsible for long term planning, business development initiatives and maintaining streamlined operations impacted the different parts of the DSI organization.
- Define frameworks and insights to support enablement of business goals through technology
- Collaborates with different teams to identify, align and drive strategic plan
- Develops long term investment plan based on short term and long term needs
- Coordinates with corporate strategy/development and partnerships team to drive opportunities
- Identifies capabilities and define metrics for the business
- Develops, communicates, and implements processes and practices to meet business needs
- Support identification and development of new tech driven business models
- Conduct independent research and financial/data analysis to support generation of insights that drive value
- Develop data-driven points of view on relevant business, tech, and organizational topics
- Apply frameworks to structure complex problems
- Lead execution of prioritized initiatives through program management
- Provide communication and stakeholder management
Who you are:
- You are a problem solver, critical thinker, effective communicator and executive presence
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
- You possess strong collaboration skills and approach problems with positive intent while driving towards resolution
- You empower and inspire your colleagues and team mates to take action and embrace the mindset that, "Everything can be made better
- You are curious, and are not afraid to dig deep and look in places that others ignore
- Bachelor of business administration with 1-3 years' of strategy experience.
- A combination (not all) of the following skills, will be useful for the candidate to succeed in this role
- Analytics, Data and Business Intelligence
- Strategy and Planning
- Investment Planning
- Business Case development
- Business development
- Retail experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- Communicates effectively with leadership and external parties
- Consulting Experience (preferred, but not necessary)
- Business Administration Degree
- Highly accurate and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure; manage tight deadlines and situations where conflicting priorities arise
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations.Beinghuman-ledis our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual workfor most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 2 years' technical program management experience OR 6 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.