Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do...
What you'll be doing..
- Business Partnerships: Works with leadership/business partners (e.g., Directors) to discuss and understand goals/functional objectives and key business challenges to develop hypotheses around current and future business issues; identifies functional analytics and research objectives and develops tactical research plans. Provides guidance to Directors and advises on next steps based on insights objectives and research. Presents actionable recommendations to Directors to inform strategic and tactical functional initiatives. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with leadership and other key stakeholders.
- People Development: Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives. Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Conducts performance and career development conversations, if applicable. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates.
- Project Scope: Owns workstreams and individual projects end-to-end for a business area, category or prototype. Manages risk associated with implementation.
- Model Development: Develops data models (algorithms, approaches) for workstreams and individual projects within a business area or category to drive business results and value. Collaborates with project team to implement modeling solutions.
- Proof of Concept and Prototype: Manages the development and implementation of prototypes and production-ready complex algorithms for workstreams and individual projects. Manages the testing and validation process to monitor the solution. Collaborates with Advanced Analytics Experts to develop new data analysis techniques.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Addresses complex business problems by applying advanced analytics to drive data-driven decision making. Makes strategic recommendations to team based on data analysis. Manages and executes data analysis strategy, providing guidance to less experienced team members.
- Collaboration: Collaborates with functional leadership and cross-functional teams (e.g., Categories, Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for workstreams and individual projects for a business area, category or prototype. Interfaces with external business partners and vendors. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices
- 4-8 years' experience in business analytics and data science
- Proficient with SQL (experience in Hive and Teradata utilities preferred)
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required; Python or R strongly preferred. Utilize code (Python/R/SQL) for data analyzing and modeling algorithms
- Hands on experience with BI tools; Tableau /R shiny/Looker
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills. Conducting written and verbal presentation to share insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills. Sophisticated user of statistical tools. Build decision-making models and propose solution for the business problems
- Designs, develops, and presents strategic recommendations that directly address key business questions
- Conducts tracking and measurement of KPIs related to recommendations and socializes to the broader teams
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysisMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.