Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men
What you'll do...
Business Partnerships: Works with leadership/business partners (e.g., Directors) to discuss and understand goals/functional objectives and key business challenges to develop hypotheses around current and future business issues; identifies functional analytics and research objectives and develops tactical research plans. Provides guidance to Directors and advises on next steps based on insights objectives and research. Presents actionable recommendations to Directors to inform strategic and tactical functional initiatives. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with leadership and other key stakeholders. People Development: Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives. Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance. Conducts performance and career development conversations, if applicable. Maintains team motivation and engagement. Mentors less experienced associates. Project Scope: Owns workstreams and individual projects end-to-end for a business area, category or prototype. Manages risk associated with implementation. Model Development: Develops data models (algorithms, approaches) for workstreams and individual projects within a business area or category to drive business results and value. Collaborates with project team to implement modeling solutions. Proof of Concept and Prototype: Manages the development and implementation of prototypes and production-ready complex algorithms for workstreams and individual projects. Manages the testing and validation process to monitor the solution. Collaborates with Advanced Analytics Experts to develop new data analysis techniques. Data Collection and Analysis: Addresses complex business problems by applying advanced analytics to drive data-driven decision making. Makes strategic recommendations to team based on data analysis. Manages and executes data analysis strategy, providing guidance to less experienced team members. Collaboration: Collaborates with functional leadership and cross-functional teams (e.g., Categories, Customer Experience, Merchandising) to develop consultative solutions for workstreams and individual projects for a business area, category or prototype. Interfaces with external business partners and vendors. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; supports innovation and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Implements and supports continuous improvements and willingly embraces new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers results while putting the customer first and applying an omnimerchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a broad perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively to achieve objectives; communicates with
impact to a range of audiences; and demonstrates energy and positivity for own work.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, or related field and 2 years' experience in data analytics or related field OR 4 years'
experience in data analytics or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Certificate in business analytics, data mining, or statistical analysis
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Information Systems, Masters: Statistics
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America
In 1962, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world’s largest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. Today, we’re reinventing the shopping experience - and our associates are at the heart of it (all 2.2 million of them). When you join our Walmart family of ...
Reviewers say women are treated fairly and equally to men