Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
- All eligible associates have affordable options that include no lifetime maximum and eligible preventive care covered at 100%.
- The enhanced maternity benefit supports birth moms with up to 10 weeks of protected paid time away from work.
- Associates can take advantage of Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can't do that without the best talent talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
As part of the Data Asset Development & Ecosystem Team (DAD&E), this role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world's leading data-driven retailer. As part of this transformation, we are seeking an individual who will be responsible for defining and managing the data acquisition product needs including both sources and services, activities across the DAD&E team to elevate our acquisition activity as well as the internal processes to support data sourcing.
We are looking for a highly motivated, resourceful, team-oriented individual to drive and define the data requirements for the ingestion, processing, placement and consumption needs across the data acquisition process. You will participate in reviewing potential data acquisitions, work with Data Acquisition Manager, Engineering and other stakeholders to define the data needs, and ensure delivery of the data sources in alignment with business need. You will also coordinate delivery of these resources and collaborate across key functional domains and business lines, data engineering, quality assurance, data analysts and data stewards. In addition, you will play a key role in helping our business community work with these datasets effectively.
About the Data Strategy and Enablement Organization:
Our organization focuses on managing and delivering world-class data assets, including creating and maintaining data standards, driving policy compliance, creating partnerships, and developing pipelines and self-service tools. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, driving revenue in our core and building new business model opportunities. We protect customer, associate, and partner data, ensuring privacy and security when collecting and using data.
You'll make an impact by:
- Developing a keen understanding of the datasets as they move through the acquisition process
- Ability to translate the business needs to the technical needs
- Developing a process/framework for defining requirements for each dataset in a consistent manner
- Working with the business, external and internal technical teams to ensure the data pipelines meet the needs across the business
- Monitoring and producing reports on data usage to inform long-term acquisition strategy
- Acting as an SME on data sources, uses, and best practices
- Anticipating critical data issues and develop mitigation approaches
- Being responsible for defining and implementing onboarding workflow, including data quality testing, and help discover new and better ways of improving the efficiency of our operations
- Curating documentation and lead training sessions to facilitate end user support
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have prior experience with implementation of data acquisition projects
- You have experience in documenting the requirements from the business and technical viewpoints
- You have experience in working with the technical/engineering teams to implement data solutions and data pipelines
- You have deep understanding of commercial data sources and understand database concepts and terminology
- You have a demonstrated track record of handling multiple complex sourcing projects and delivering results
- You are a team player, with the courage to drive change through disruption while maintaining a respect for the team
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
- Minimum of 5 years of data acquisition experience in a data focused organization
- 3-5 years of experience in defining/documents requirements around data ingestion, processing and consumption
- Self-directed, well organized and have good follow-up skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to drive results, especially in a matrixed or influence based environment
- Strong relationship building skills, coupled with high business acumen
- Detail oriented with ability to work, develop, and think at strategic level
- Driven to work with the teams to dig into data, processes, and issues
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Project Management, Information Technology, or related field and 2 years' experience in project
management, product management, information systems, operations management, or related area OR 4 years' experience in project
management, product management, information systems, operations management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Supervisory experienceMasters: Business, Masters: Engineering General, Masters: Information Technology, Masters: Project/Program Management
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainabilityand everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industriesall while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 54%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.