Walmart is on a path to 100% renewable energy and zero emissions across its U.S. operations, which includes our stores, clubs, distribution centers, and truck fleet. We'll achieve this by making smart decisions that are environmentally responsible and respect the communities we operate in.
The Manager II, Energy Services - Renewables will be responsible for:
Supporting renewable origination due-diligence by researching state and market-level incentives and conducting quantitative analysis
Tracking performance of existing renewable and storage fleet by analyzing generation and pricing data
Maintaining up to date contracts archive and renewable asset database
Consolidating and analyzing operations & maintenance reports and data, supporting the build of a centralized asset management database or platform
Exploring new procurement channels and evolving technologies, supporting market research, business case development, and project/pilot implementation
Supporting originators by reviewing renewable contracts and drafting amendments
Ensures business objectives, customer service needs, and regulatory obligations are aligned and being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of multiple programs and initiatives; consulting with business partners, industry experts, managers, co-workers, and other key stakeholders; monitoring industry-accepted practices and standards, global and national trends, and federal, state, and local laws and regulations; soliciting, evaluating, and applying solutions for improving efficiency and cost effectiveness.
Manages the execution of business plans, programs, and compliance initiatives for assigned area by identifying program, customer, operational, and risk-mitigation needs; communicating objectives and priorities to key stakeholders; monitoring performance standards, identifying and removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and managing, monitoring and implementing special projects.
Develops programs and processes to support the strategic vision for medium-scale environmental sustainability programs and services by supporting the development of cross-functional, multi-tiered programs to implement cost-effective program strategies and sustainable processes that mitigate risk; providing input on the implementation and execution of mitigation programs; monitoring business objectives and overseeing the cost-effective use of third-party environmental service providers; providing subject matter expertise in environmental services; and evaluating and measuring operational program processes in order to close compliance gaps and continually improve programs and services.
Manages programs for assigned area and ensures programs and initiatives align with departmental strategic vision by managing services, data collection, and risk mitigation planning; collaborating with cross-functional teams to create and implement cost-effective programs and strategies that ensure sustainable processes; providing input on the implementation and execution of programs; reviewing business objectives and customer needs to ensure the cost-effective use of third party environmental service providers; and reviewing operational program processes in order to close compliance gaps and continually improve programs and services.
Assists department leadership in the development of innovative global strategic initiative strategies by benchmarking across internal business units and other companies; researching and analyzing information to identify opportunities for cost savings, revenue growth, and environmental impact; and coordinating efforts to build support and policy for strategic initiatives and desired outcomes.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness.
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or related field and 2 years’ experience in environmental
services, consulting, engineering, operations, sustainability, or related area OR 4 years’ experience in environmental services, consulting,
engineering, operations, sustainability, or related area.
Managing cross-functional projects for governmental or non-governmental organizations, consulting firms, or corporations, Project Management, SupervisoryMasters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Environmental Science
5259 W 500 N, Mccordsville, IN 46055, United States of America