Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Want to be at the forefront of changing how people shop? The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world's largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of thebrightest minds in technology,merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
Drive change. Make impact. Join us on our mission.
We have an opportunity for a Technical Program Manager to join our Walmart International eCommerce Engineering teams (based in Sunnyvale), to own and drive several complex programs, forming a portfolio of efforts that are geared towards achieving Walmart International eCommerce's business goals.
What you'll do
- Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and enable the team to be highly effective.
- Understand key technical dependencies between the cross-functional teams: Data contracts, Infrastructure dependencies like cloud capacity and platform services, and Info sec requirements. Drive the cross-functional teams to think about and plan these dependencies throughout the various stages of the project
- Have a complete view of the program and know how the dependencies affect each team; Use technical judgment to drive project delivery and adjust milestones as dependencies change.
- Setup technology reviews across all the impacted teams, challenge proposals, and build consensus.
Work closely with architects, engineering managers, and tech leads to ensure that the systems are production-ready and observable - monitoring, alerts, etc.
Set product and technical milestones, track deliverables, manage expectations, identify risks at the right time, and drive mitigations across all stages of the project.
- Have day-to-day responsibilities for managing complex Agile software development programs and projects to completion.
- Builds roadmaps and Lead large, complex, cross-functional teams within your market and with our stakeholders and partners to initiate, build, delivery and consultation services.
- Develops program/project/release plans and timelines (usually involving multiple tracks), monitors execution progress and drives resolution to possible scope/time trade-offs
- Manages multiple highly complex projects (for example, migrations and system integrations) or a large complex Global eCommerce program in an Agile environment (for example, software development, infrastructure).
- Aligns geographically distributed teams to common business/end-customer/release goals, works cross-functionally to achieve them and ensures accountability to deliver them
- Resolves issues, makes recommendations for improvements to existing processes and develops Program Management best practices.
- Interact and drive communication with key Business Stakeholders, Engineering/ Product Leaders, and Executive sponsors.
- Ability to team with Product managers, Engineers and Engineering leaders to establish and maintain our roadmap, setting appropriate expectations and insuring our product and services meet our high standards for service excellence.
- Perform statistical analysis to identify data trends, diagnose product pain-points, and calculate KPIs leveraging survey tools, such asExcel, and more advanced statistical packages.
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years full lifecycle technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years technical program management experience OR 8 years technical program management experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Experience using multiple development approaches (Agile, Kanban ideal).
- Experience in working with global and cross-functional internal and external teams.
- Excellent written, verbal presentation and organizational skills, ability to interface with all levels within the organization.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and growing environment.
- Agile tools (JIRA, Rally, Confluence, etc)
- Analytical skills with data sets and intermediate knowledge of statistics from ALM tools or workflow analytics-based software
- Experience or understanding of large-scale distributed systems, databases, big data systems, and Cloud native application development
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks
- Be good at facilitating discussions. You get the right people in the room, let conversations run their course while they are productive, move them toward consensus when possible, and make hard decisions or escalate, as required
- Certified Scrum Master preferred
- Experience driving Devops or Platform initiatives is preferred
- Strong business acumen supporting business operations in technology companies and/or retail.
- eCommerce and retail experience strongly preferred.
- Strong solution analysis experience in a global environment with distributed teams
- Knowledge of CI/CD, Test driven development.
- Knowledge of mobile apps development and front-end web technologies
- Former software development experience strongly preferred
We are building a new kind of company, and we are building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in our values -- respect for the individual, service to our customers, strive for excellence, and acting with integrity. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we are dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with us to achieve it. If you are an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we would love to talk to you about joining our team.
Benefits & Perks
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor of Science and 5 years' technical program management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' technical program management
experience OR 8 years' technical program management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.