Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 55%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Merchandise Director- Toddler/Seasonal eCommerce
- Omni Channel Customer Focus: Makes customer-centric recommendations and decisions across all customer touchpoints. Constantly incorporates applicable and actionable customer feedback. Understands customer behavior across channels, or within relevant channels . Guides suppliers and vendors in the development of customer-focused processes and products.
- Team Management: Manages selection, performance, development, and terminations for assigned team and drives engagement. Manages daily and weekly key priorities and tasks to be completed by direct reports or cross-functional team. Provides career guidance. Supports and ensures compliance with company guidelines on diversity and inclusivity.
- Category Administration: Supports the resolution of strategic supplier issues and serves as the key contact for suppliers throughout item lifecycle. Supports activity planning, facilitates store communications and merchandise sets for corporate events, and provides other merchant support. Supports processing for imports and manages other supply chain nuances . Decides items for creation post modular walk or line review . Supports the management of funds coming from trade funds.
- Pricing: Owns pricing decisions across items. Manages COOPs agreements. Recommends competitors for category price match and items to be linked to apply EDLP principles. Supports markdown.
- Modular & Assortment: Decides modular layout principles for a category along with the modular team. Guides space allocation within a category for modular relay. Implements assortment strategy through modular work. Supports walkthrough execution and post-walkthrough adjustments. Defines the Modular Store Clusters/Traits. Helps determine finalized mods. Strategically reviews and approves all modular drawings and cutdowns. Successfully uses and implements digital data to influence modulars. Supports company objectives and delivering against Key Performance Indicators in the execution of modulars.
- Category Strategy: Owns category strategy, develops plans for a highly complex category, and supports long-term business unit plan. Oversees pricing and promotion strategy. Executes prioritized strategic initiatives . Analyzes competition, customer behavior, industry trends, and the macro environment.
- Channel Strategy: Owns decisions around the channel strategy for a highly complex category. Makes recommendations and drives channel alignment. Collaborates with supply chain as needed. Makes decisions as needed.
- Financial Management: Owns the profit-and-loss (P&L) management for a highly complex category. Analyzes daily business . Identifies execution of levers needed to meet financial targets. Determines Open to Buy, requisite Pricing Actions, and inventory-related decisions which influence category P&L.
- Supplier Negotiations: Supports the identification of negotiation levers, gives, and takes. Drives price leadership and profitability. Defines negotiation cadence. Suggests information for dossiers . Advises on response and escalation paths. Conducts supplier negotiations and recommends guardrails. Owns decisions on suppliers and supplier execution, communication, and support. Makes decisions on terms and conditions. Decides performance tracking metrics. Identifies negotiation training for direct reports.
- Shopper/Customer Experience: Owns decisions on filtration rules for search results and search queries for highly complex, category-level search terms. Develops attribution strategy for search engine optimization. Recommends taxonomy. Owns product showing physical how we show product; fixture type, sample, online pick up/delivery.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Supports budget creation for a highly complex category. Develops the financial forecast and financial plan and determines inventory purchase amounts. Partners with merchandising business analysts/planners to support the creation and execution of financial objectives.
- Features and Promos: Supports and executes strategy decisions for monthly features for a highly complex category across store and online channels. Recommends and supports Merchandising Operations in the execution of approved features.
- Item Setup & Maintenance: Supports item cross-referencing as needed decisions, item traits . . Decides pack type and shipping channels. Supports content and imagery processes for a highly complex category.
- Data and Digital Acumen: Leverages data analysis tools to explore highly complex data. Develops and tests hypotheses. Builds and presents insights. Uses visualization tools to represent data and construct coherent stories to influence decisions. Identifies, implements, and drives technology change within scope of work. Successfully uses data to influence strategic work.
- Private Brands & Product Development: Supports private brand strategy for a highly complex category. Cascades strategy approved by department lead. Supports assortment decisions, identifies gaps and opportunities, and makes brand decisions for specific items. Agrees to product guidelines, recommends mod guidelines, decides distribution points, and advises the packaging team.
- Replenishment: Supports decision-making based on On-Time In-Full and DSD , receiving performance as needed. Advises and executes fines and penalties . Supports planning objectives. Helps determine pack size, channel decisions, and alignment for items as needed. Guides on channel ratio of import/domestic units and feature set quantity. Supports optimal pack size and freight terms decisions.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelors degree in Business, Merchandising , or related field and 5 years experience in merchandising management, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area. OR 7 years experience in merchandising management, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.
2 years supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Leading a cross-functional team, Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliersMasters: Business Administration
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 55%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.