Planning Specialist, Jewelry and Watches - Fashion (X2)
San Bruno, CA
What you'll do at
Want to be at the forefront of changing how people shop? The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, transportation, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping.
As a Fashion Merchandise Planning Manager, you are responsible for managing inventory, planning and forecasting for high-growth, complex merchandise categories ensuring that assortment, price and availability are a win-win for our customers and Walmart eCommerce. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You wont do this alone. You will work with a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale. In addition to bringing the art to the science of retailing, were also counting on you to share your Fashion planning knowledge and expertise with your team and foster a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, and Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans and budgets
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for low-to-moderately complex category
- Develops inventory projects and buying strategies for the category
- Conducts analyses, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met
- Provides input on key metrics for own category team
- Models, analyzes and evaluates impact of key variables on category performance
- Provides input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on category performance
- Manages and executes category budgets, season or campaign buy plans and line review financials
Forecasting and Financial Planning:
- Manages forecast meetings and processes and decision making for a low-to-moderately complex category
- Reviews forecast plans for low-to-moderately complex category
- Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for low-to-moderately complex category
- Provides input into category financial plans and budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue) for low-to-moderately complex category
- Provides input into assortment, pricing and shipping decisions for low-to-moderately complex category
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Have performance and career development conversations
- Maintains team motivation and engagement
- Mentors Planners
Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area
This is that place where your passions meet purpose. Join our family and build a career youre proud of. Were committed to supporting and developing our workforcefurther strengthening our people-led, tech-empowered enterprise.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.