Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
Principal Data Analyst, (Investigative Risk and Operational Compliance)
The Principal Data Analyst, IROCC will build tools and apps to proactively identify risks in Ethics and Compliance programs.
This is a global role providing analytics support to Ethics and Compliance SME's across all the markets we operate in, will be able to process data from disparate data platforms, build and support BI dashboards that help the SME's identify risk in their programs and also measure the maturity, draw insights and correlations from the data and communicate the results to the SME's in business terms.
Translates business problems to a data related or mathematical solutions.
Identifies appropriate modeling techniques for complex problems with large scale, multiple structured and unstructured data sets.
Conducts exploratory data analysis activities (for example, basic statistical analysis, hypothesis testing, statistical inferences) on available data.
Develops newer techniques (for example, advanced machine learning algorithms, auto ML) by leveraging the latest trends in machine learning, artificial intelligence to train algorithms to apply models to new data sets.
They will conduct research to benchmark industry best practices and leverage technological solutions to better manage risk within each area of focus.
Create the data for reporting on key performance metrics for compliance programs for each area of focus.
You'll make an impact by:
- You have strong knowledge of mathematics, particularly statistics
- You can code using R or Python and have working knowledge of at least one of the following: SAS, Matlab, R, Python, SQL, VBA, etc.
- Producing clear and impactful visualizations in support of complex cases
- Processing large amount of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis
- You have experience in tools like Power BI, Tableau, Tableau Prep, BigQuery
- Accessing and interpreting public records data
- Making complex and difficult matters simple and easily understood
- Multitasking and using good judgment in prioritization of tasks
- Advising onanalysisandmodeling techniques,selecting thebest fitfor structured& unstructured, complex data,and developingcustom analytics modelstogenerate insights that drive value for our customers andunlock competitive advantage forour organization
- Conductingexploratoryanalysisincluding hypothesis testing,statistical inference, and statistical analysis (predictiveand/or prescriptive)
- Partnering with Ethics and Compliance stakeholders to translatechallenging business problemsintostate-of-the-art data sciencesolutions
- Developing processes and toolsthatmonitor,analyzeand continuously improvemodel performance and data accuracy
- Having effective verbal and written communications skills
- Presenting findings in writing and verbally
- You're someone who can execute, with strong discipline and organization skills; someone who gets things done
- You have strong analytical skills to interpret insights coming from various initiatives and have a mindset for continuous learning and improvement
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have a proven track record to solve problems through mathematical and deductive reasoning
- You have consistently high standards,your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do
- You have proven ability as a full stack data analyst develops, optimizes, and scalesmodelsfor theproduction environment
- You connectthehow and why, usingyour knowledgeofdata sciencetheoriesandmethodologiestoderive the best approach that is fit-for-purpose
- You have a proven ability with statistical methods and advanced modelling techniques (e.g., SVM, Random Forest, Bayesian inference, graph models, NLP, Computer Vision, neural networks, etc.)
- You'reexperiencedwith languagesusedto manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets(e.g.Python, R, SQL, etc.)
- You'reproficientusingdatabase technologies and distributed datastores (e.g. SQL, NoSQL)
- Youhave experiencewithSpark,Hiveand TensorFlow etc.
- You have experience developing models involving tuning, calibration, segmentation and optimization.
- You are structured in your thought process and can break down large problems into smaller simpler problems
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates,customersand the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding,respectingand valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. Butyou'llquickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us andyou'lldiscover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one,you'llbe empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Arts, Finance or related field and 4 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 2: Master's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field. Option 3: 6 years' experience in data analysis, data science, statistics, or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, data analysis, statistics, or related field, Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, Related industry experience (for example, retail, merchandising, healthcare, eCommerce), Successful completion of assessments in data analysis and Business Intelligence tools and scripting languages (for example, SQL, Python, Spark, Scala, R, Power BI, or Tableau)
2914 Se I St, Bentonville, AR 72712-3148, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.