Why you should apply for a job with Walmart:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.
What you'll do...
About the Team
Walmart Global Technology is responsible for providing Technology solutions that support Walmart, Inc's business globally. Edge Infrastructure Organization is part of Walmart Global Technology that provides Infrastructure Services across various technology capabilities like Edge Computing, Networking, Global Wide Area Networks, Mobility Solutions (including Enterprise Rugged devices, Bring Your Own Device, and Corporate Owned Personally Managed Devices) for Walmart, Inc. worldwide. Walmart operates over 5,500 retail locations in the US and over 11,000 across the globe. These stores and clubs are supported by a supply chain network of over 150 Distribution Centers (DC) and e-Commerce Fulfillment Centers (FC). This complex network of stores, clubs, DCs, and FCs for our Edge location today and operate at a scale that presents some unique opportunities.
As the Edge Infrastructure Architect, you will be responsible for developing and leading the Edge Infrastructure strategy working with all the teams in the organization. As part of this team, you will join a team of Engineers who are transforming the Edge Infrastructure to support the next decade of innovations in Retail. While Walmart has done Edge computing for over 25 years, we are completely redefining the stack and how it will be done in the future. You will have to lead through the transformational change at scale and leverage advancements in Edge Computing, Networking, Connectivity, Mobility, and Internet of Things. You will need to have the knowledge to transform the operational model from the traditional Ops Model, by leveraging current and future capabilities in AIOps to create platforms, tools, and an organization that can support rapid transformation at the Edge. In many, if not most cases, you will need to chart new paths and develop solutions that do not exist in the industry today, as most organizations do not operate at this scale and don't have similar challenges. If you are a quick learner, self-driven, excited to work on large challenges, and passionate about using software, and machine learning to solve difficult problems at scale, we would love to have you on our team. What you can do and accomplish will be only be limited by your drive and motivation.
You'll sweep us off our feet if
- You have a broad and deep working knowledge of Infrastructure Technologies.
- You can have a deep technical conversation with a network, server, or mobile engineer, but at the same time, you can explain the big picture to C-Level executives in terms of business value propositions.
- You are attracted by challenges and not driven away from them.
You like to shape and create a future that hasn't been envisioned yet and done so in the past.
System Software development is your passion and not the job.
- You believe technology is here to elevate the quality of work engineers do and an engineer should never perform the same task twice, it must be done by machines.
- You have an analytical mind and see opportunities to have large impact in patterns you see in the data.
- You like to try and do new things, and you can learn to do anything you want.
- You have always worked and built technology solutions to deliver an experience and not a system.
- Agility is not a framework or methodology for you. It just comes naturally, and is the most logical way of working for you.
You'll make an impact by:
- Bringing Passion to ideate, plan, and ensure customer experience is at the forefront of all we do
- Partnering with our Business Customers and engineering team to ensure strategic alignment.
- Developing and enhancing products that allow us to accelerate what we are doing at the Edge, and build a platform that is sustainable with growth.
- Influencing vision and strategies that increase our level of automation for service delivery, and operations at an extremely distributed scale.
- Building collaborative relationships with key partners by driving priorities aligned to value streams, influencing and prioritizing product roadmaps, and gaining buy-in from executive leadership
- Providing overall direction by analyzing organizational objectives and needs.
- Building a team environment by partnering to solve problems and staying focused till there is a solution
- Bachelor of Science and 15+ years systems engineering experience OR Master of Science and 12 years systems engineering experience OR PhD and 10 years of experience
- At least 5 years of experience architecting and developing large, distributed infrastructures.
- Proficient in Networking technologies including Routers/switches, WAN, Wi-Fi, 5G, SD-WAN
- Strong working knowledge of Operating Systems, Virtualization, and Cloud Technologies
- Strong knowledge of Mobile Technologies, understanding of Mobile Device Management.
- Strong information security knowledge. CISSP certification is a plus.
- Proficient in Configuration Management and tools like Ansible, or Puppet.
- Strong coding skills with at least 2-languages. Prefer Python, Java, and Go Lang
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Application Design and Integration patterns.
- Proficient with source code management, and CI/CD pipelines. Proficient with testing frameworks and tools and build systems like Jenkins.
- Experience in working on Unix/Linux environments.
- Experience in working Azure, and GCP cloud environments is plus
- Experience investigating, analyzing and troubleshooting large scale enterprise systems.
- Experience and exposure with managing and scaling 24/7 enterprise level applications.
- Strong Systems Engineering knowledge, including a good understanding of Configuration management, system deployment automation tools like Terraform, system performance monitoring to understand and interpret system performance metrics, etc.
- Knowledge of Python, SQL, Spark, the associated Python and Spark packages commonly used by data scientists, and Deep Learning libraries, such as Tensorflow, Keras, and PyTorch
- Strong understanding of and practical experience in a wide-range of machine learning algorithms
- Practical experience of using cloud computing
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.careers.walmart.com
Bachelor of Science and 7 years' network engineering experience OR Master of Science and 6 years' network engineering experience OR PhD and 3 years' network engineering experience.
Designing, leading, and implementing small- to medium-scale technology projects, Designing technical solutions in response to customer requests or changes in retail business, Production support, including problem identification, ticket documentation, and customer and vendor relations, Security testing with Burp Suite pro, Security testing with Kali Linux, Security testing with Netcat, Security testing with Nmap, Security testing with sslscan, Security testing with sslyze, Security testing with Wireshark, Troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions
800 W California Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94086, United States of America
Need convincing? Let's review Walmart's best features:
- 51%of reviewers say women and men are treated equally at Walmart.