Product Manager, Product Catalog
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce
This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness and transparency. With the energy of a startup and the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career and catapult ideas into action? Read on.
Product Manager, Product Catalog
This role is part of the Omni Item Catalog team which owns building the next gen of Walmarts Omni Catalog. Our mission is to simplify our suppliers and internal associate experience when it comes to managing SKUs that Walmart intends to sell.
As a Product Manager on the Catalog Product team, you will interface with multiple functions including engineering, data science, and operations. You will work with key stakeholders on the merchandising side and help drive the vision, strategy, roadmap and execution of Catalog services that enable our internal associate and suppliers manage all their SKUs and customers to discover items across multiple journeys.
Who You Are
- You are an extremely talented product manager with a drive to learn, grow and solve tough problems at scale.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and evangelize a strategy and roadmap to stakeholders.
- You have basic understanding of data science with a strong focus on execution.
- You are comfortable working with large datasets and drawing conclusions using statistical methods.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have a customer first approach to solving problems.
- You empower and inspire those around you to take action and innovate.
- 1-3 years of Product Management experience.
- Base knowledge of Machine Learning. Data Science Background preferred.
- Self-directed, well organized and proactive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership potential.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and growth mindset.
About the Retail Core Engine
Our team builds the technologies that empower shoppers to have an experience that is best in class across a multitude of devices, product categories and fulfillment options. We partner closely with Retail Leadership to ensure the experience from Supplier to Customer is seamless. As a product owner within the Retail Core Engine youll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to influence the behavior of hundreds of millions of consumers at the worlds largest retailer. Youll be challenged to deliver innovation at scale balanced with operational frameworks to ensure consistent performance. Youll work in close partnership with engineering to define a roadmap, maintain agility, and navigate to deliver through any set of constraints.
As the backbone of Walmarts US E-Commerce Retail Business youll have exposure to:
- Thousands of Suppliers who rely on our technology to maximize their performance.
- Millions of customers who shop on Walmarts US-Ecommerce Properties (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos, Shoes.com and more).
- A diverse set of leaders who represent the best and brightest in omni-channel commerce.
- All aspects of the lifecycle that powers a multi-billion dollar business partner experience, supply chain, product catalog, search, tooling, consumer experience.
- The ability to influence the direction of one of the worlds largest companies. The only constraint is your vision and passion to execute.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.