About the team:
This role is within the Insights team in the Developer Productivity Platform. We are building the next generation event-driven data framework that would ingest millions of daily events around developer journeys at Walmart Global Tech and provides ways to search and deduce meaningful correlations from the data. We are also developing a solution to improve developer and teams' productivity using metrics and a feedback loop around team and organizational goals. We are solving the problem of improving Teams Productivity at Walmart.
What you'll do…
This senior engineer will play a crucial role in building a high-throughput & low-latency data ingestion layer using event-driven and reactive architectures. The role would also involve development of visualization and observability framework which would help teams improve their software delivery processes using metrics. With thousands of developers using this data to visualize metrics and pipelines, this role will be critical to improve developer productivity across Walmart.
· 5+ years of IT industry experience with a Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience in developing REST APIs, streaming APIs, reactive programming in Java
· Experience in event or message driven applications using Kafka
· Working knowledge of SQL & NoSQL(MongoDB) and search databases like Elasticsearch/Solr
· DevOps Experience with public cloud (MSFT Azure, AWS, etc)
· Source Control tools (GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure Repos etc)
· Continuous Integration ( Jenkins, Travis CI, Bamboo, Azure Pipelines etc)
· Continuous Deployment (Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Concord etc)
· Security and Network awareness
· Problem solving and troubleshooting design and development issues and providing appropriate solutions.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
· Experience in Agile methodologies
· Experience working with global teams
· Container Concepts (Docker)
· Experience building scalable stateless service in Kubernetes is preferred
Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan;and providing leadership to the project team.
Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals.
Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Embraces diversity in all its forms and actively supports diversity of ideas and perspectives, as well as diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Contributes to an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, demonstrates engagement and commitment to the team, and recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and 3 years’ experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years’ experience in software
engineering or related field.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America